Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video lag

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I noticed that when I load a video in VDJ8 I get stutter and/or pausing on the output to the main screens. I don't get that with 7 at all. I would get a slight stutter or pause on the screen in the middle of VDJ7 software but it never had effect on the main output to my screens. If I switch to using "window" in config in 7 I did always notice a big difference. I notice a lot of stutter/short pauses and choppy video. That's what it looks like in 8. Are VDJ using the window configuration to drive the main video output? It seems everything has gone backwards in 8 compared to 7 with many or most common functions. And I never see any fixes or updates to resolve them. VDJ you did a fantastic job creating VDJ7 but me and many others in the industry are very disappointed with what was suppose to be awesome with 8. I'd say the biggest failure in 2013-2014 in technology breakthroughs. Read all my forum messages and you'll see that not one issue has been looked at since day 1. Sorry for my attitude but I'm really disappointed to date after waiting 3 long years for 8. You should have focussed to make 7 better and not promised something that was gonna be far superior.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 2:05 pm
DJDav0PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I just today downloaded 8 to test drive it a bit. Was very excited as 64bit should be an improvement but I too see a lot of choppiness. Seeing the exact same issue as the previous poster.

This version cannot be used as is.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 9:21 am
DJDav0PRO InfinityMember since 2009
OK, been playing around some more and felt I should reply to my own post.

It seems that the choppiness I was seeing stopped when playing .mp4 from local disc as opposed to playing from my NAS (network attached storage). Since in the field I would never be playing any files except locally stored.

I'm running this on a computer with "modest" hardware and I'll list it because so far, 8 seems to be fine on it:

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16 Ghz (2 cores)
8 Gb ram
Radeon HD 6300 w/ 1 Gb ram
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit with a WEI index of 3.9 (very modest indeed)

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 10:03 am
Change the Frame rate under video options to 60fps. That should help with video choppiness. :)

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 10:21 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
DJDav0 wrote :
I just today downloaded 8 to test drive it a bit. Was very excited as 64bit should be an improvement but I too see a lot of choppiness. Seeing the exact same issue as the previous poster.

This version cannot be used as is.

If I remember correct, VirtualDJ is only 64 bit on MAC, not on Windows platforms.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 5:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)