Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Steady beat indicator

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ejl707PRO InfinityMember since 2014
In VDJ7, the BPM was listed with an asterisk if it had a steady beat and could be automixed. Is there any visual tag like that in VDJ8? It comes in very handy when mixing old & nu disco or old & nu jazz to quickly identify which tracks can easily be beat matched and which that take more effort. With a library of tens of thousands of songs spanning many different genres, I would love to have see this feature brought forward to VDJ8. Support states that the track Icon differentiates between the two, but all of my icons are identical.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 1:52 pm
wynchesPRO InfinityMember since 2010
+1

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 7:08 pm
wynchesPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Atomix, could you please at least let us know if you are attending to this issue.

I have also noticed that on comparing the same playlist on VDJ7 and VDJ8 Automix the latter is opting to use more of 'Smart (fade)' where as VDJ7 uses 'Smart (tempo)'. As we all know 'Smart (tempo)' is the ideal mix.
I find it rather difficult to understand how VDJ7 did this so flawlessly and somehow VDJ8 cannot be tweaked to emulate it.

PLEASE PLEASE bring back BPM listed with an asterisk (*) if it had a steady beat and could be automixed !!!

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 6:15 pm
if u set up the tracks beatgrid even if the bpm changes u should be able to use automix
since the beatgrid supports variable bpm now.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 6:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)