Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Echo effect glitch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
This might be just me with my low spec, play a track but put the echo effect on, in a 8 loop, strength on 0 and once it has 'sampled' 8 beats crank the strength up to lock, you can now stop the track playing and the echo should loop forever

Issue 1 if the lowpass and highpass dials are on anything other than 'fullpass' (0% & 100%) the loop will decay, (it's like it doesn't actually use frequency it just nibbles a bit from the top and the bottom of the present frequency range, hence the decay)

Issue 2 load a new track on to the same deck, the loop will glitch and repeat the glitch, (this is much more apparent if LP and HP are on something other than FP, but sill happens when at FP)

It's still a great effect that I use far too much

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 10:47 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Issue 1 is a feature, not a bug ;)
The frequency is correct, but most as with most filters they have a slope, so applying the same filter twice does cut off more.

Issue 2 is because the length selection is bpm-based, not time-based. Loading a new song likely changes the bpm, and thus the length of the part being echo'ed.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 11:32 am
Thanks for the reply
Ok I understand now, it's the moment when a track is loaded before it has been pitch corrected that throws the echo out for a moment, and then as the pitch is corrected it glitches it again, I tried using a 3rd deck and then cloning it to the deck with the echo in effect and it was perfect (un-glitched)

So I'll further suppose that samples will also be effected in this way too (but it is so quick it is un-noticable)

If VDJ loaded like this there would be no glitch
i.e drop a track on a deck, VDJ actually loads it on a unused deck invisibly say deck 20, then sorts out the pitch, then clones that to the deck the track was dropped on and then unloads deck 20,
(Why do all the work arounds involve cloning a deck?! )

Perhaps a bit of overkill but maybe something to think about. I'm sure you could somehow prepare the tracks before loading to the deck.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 2:27 pm
Since Scot has just now made an effect (in beta form ) that allows PFFX, this glitch and how it can be avoided should be seriously considered.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 7:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)