Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 fullscreen bugs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a dual display, Win7 Ultimate 64 AMD R9 GPU setup.

If I set VDJ8 to fullscreen and click on the secondary display the Windows taskbar appears in front of VDJ8 at the bottom of the display. MS in their infinite wisdom *COUGH* decided to remove the option 'always on top' in taskbar properties. Intead they are forcing everyone to use autohide which is in a word...CRAP! When the option was there you could untick the always on top checkbox and fullscreen applications would stay fullscreen not matter what.

The workaround is to kill explorer but this is a crap workaround.

The other bug is when I put VDJ8 on the secondary display and hit the + button it sends the window back to the primary display. Not a big issue for me because I want it on the primary display. But an issue nonetheless.

I am using the latest AMD Catalyst drivers BTW.

Is there any way to stop the taskbar from covering VDJ when I click on the secondary display?

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 8:21 am
I wish it would just do a normal maximize on my primary display so I could see the task bar or have option for it. Let it go fullscreen on 2nd monitor. When it comes back from fullscreen on my primary monitor task bar is messed up on Win7, not on XP though.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 9:58 am

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 11:15 am
I am away from my machine, so I don't know the exact option. There are 3 options for your primary screen. Full, minimize with task bar, and minimize gone, to task
bar. I am on Win 7, and do this all night. This does not affect my second monitor. Actually, there are three options on the close tab. Minimize, minimize with task bar,
and close

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 12:14 pm
I am away from my machine, so I don't know the exact option. There are 3 options for your primary screen. Full, minimize with task bar, and minimize gone, to task bar. I am on Win 7, and do this all night. This does not affect my second monitor. Actually, there are three options on the close tab. Minimize, minimize with task bar,and close

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 12:15 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I am away from my machine, so I don't know the exact option. There are 3 options for your primary screen. Full, minimize with task bar, and minimize gone, to task bar. I am on Win 7, and do this all night. This does not affect my second monitor. Actually, there are three options on the close tab. Minimize, minimize with task bar,and close

For the video window, I am not seeing this. Maybe it's there but where :)

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 12:21 pm
I'm sorry, I don't understand. You want to minimize your video screen, that your clients see?

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 12:24 pm
Have to leave, I'll be back.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 12:32 pm
Not minimize. You know I don't DJ but develop. Most of the time I don't use a second monitor. Desk space at a premium here. Got cluttered up with computers, printers, books, etc. So I would like to have an option to maximize the video window on my primary monitor without covering up the task bar or taking up the task bar space, which would be a normal maximize and not complete full screen. When it goes to a 2nd monitor, yes go complete full screen.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 12:46 pm
I understand now.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 11:39 pm
All I know is that when VDJ is on the secondary display clicking the + sign top right corner makes it go back to the primary monitor. I solved my taskbar issue but it's again a workaround (and brings back that nice bug in Windows where the start menu orb gets cut off the top of the taskbar when focus is behind a window).

DisableTaskbarOnTop64.exe (Google it)

But it requires me to remove one of the windows updates to do with taskbar crashes as it's incompatible otherwise.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 7:09 am
tangoHome userMember since 2005
ok in vdj pro8
secondary display out. how do I get rid of the virtual dj logo!!!!!!!!!!!
something I don't want on the big screen display is logo ,just want whatever I send (karaoke/words videos just the video nothing else Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 10:39 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
config > advanced options > video logo - no

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 12:14 pm
The logo should be set to no as a default. No-one wants it!

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 1:51 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
kradcliffe wrote :

You are here as long as I can. Always has been the default logo ON.  Trial version could not logo OFF . First showing is brand VDJ.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 3:01 pm
kradcliffe wrote :

Thanks!

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 11:41 pm
VDJ should be smart enough to default the logo to 'off' when you log in, if you have a Pro license.

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 6:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)