Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: database lost metadata when mass deleting comments field

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Win 1955.700

This is one I won't be wanting to try to recreate, so this is just a rough outline of what I did

I selected about 80 tracks that had something useless in the comments field (i.e visit soundcloud or something like that)
I went in to the tag editor and deleted the comments (via the [x])
I pressed ok (Auto update tags is off in my options btw)
Now these tracks have lost all meta data, that was in the database (bpm, key etc) All the stuff that was on the ID3 tags remains.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 7:10 am
I too can't stand the comments in music, I was about to do a mass deletion of comments till I read this...maybe I'll just wait a bit or do all 2347 individually (do I hear a lol?, no? coz it aint funny and it's gonna be long!) now you can lol

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 9:36 am
I've managed smaller numbers with no problem ( 10 or An albums worth) with no errors

Back up your database xml and give a mass comment delete a go, it's quite possible it's my machine as (I'm guessing) I have the lowest spec of all VDJ users. If you can confirm, it will speed up a fix.

Although I do remember a bug from my game modding days that was similar, It only dealt with the entries in view and screwed over the the entries out of view.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 11:40 am
ok i'll try it here.. im on a backup system of my main reg..

[edit] tryed on 152929 files from my backup with comments, its taking its time and the program is fully busy.. so not something id wanna do on my main system, and especially not while playing live!!!

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 12:12 pm
wOw! I wouldn't have gone that far, but that is testing at extremes

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 12:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)