Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: AutoMix Audio Drop Out with large playlist

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm not sure if this has been noticed by anyone else yet, but if I have a large AutoMix playlist queued up and then go to add or rearrange songs, I experience a minor audio blurp/drop out. I experience the same drop out regardless of file type (Video or Music). However, I only notice it when there are lots of songs in the AutoMix playlist.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm running VD8 on a MacBook Pro & OSX Mavericks.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 9:39 am
no offence but the whole point to being a dj is mixing not using automix except for certain times like breaks etc possible solution make multiple automix playlists may help I've tested the automix function and have loaded 100 tracks with no problems more than long enough

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 2:30 pm
I noticed it with even a small playlist. I had to turn "AUTOGAIN to "NO and it kept the levels good enough. When I had it set to "Remember" and "Auto & Remember" every second song went lower or higher.

"chrisditto42" I think we as DJ's know when to use Automix and not use it??? I'm a beat mixer and I still must use automix from time to time. Breaks, Talking to the crowd for longer periods, games, Dinner music, cocktail music, bathroom visit, etc. There are many reasons beyond your imagination to use the automix function.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 5:03 pm
chrisditto42 wrote :
no offence but the whole point to being a dj is mixing not using automix except for certain times like breaks etc possible solution make multiple automix playlists may help I've tested the automix function and have loaded 100 tracks with no problems more than long enough

chrisditto42, Please keep this discussion to the topic at hand. Since you asked though: as a mobile DJ... certain events require mostly background music and use of a microphone (think charity, auctions, car cruises, etc...) and those events that do not require beat mixing, but a well-programmed playlist. Some of these events can easily run 6 hours. VDJ is great, because it allows 1 program to cover all event types. Please do not judge others and try to tell us what the point of DJing is, as it is a lot more than just beat mixing in the mobile world. PS: Thanks for checking up to 100 tracks.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 4:41 pm
This is a huge problem for us as well, and it was not an issue in version 7. We require large auto-mix playlists in the way we use the software, changing the order is an issue. We actually have to remove VDJ 8 until this is resolved. It seems anything past around 100 tracks causes this pause. The pause becomes larger the more tracks loaded in the queue. It stops the screen updates (UI freezes) and audio stops.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 8:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The problem has been found and will be fixed in the next update.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 5:22 am
I've had this issue with any size of list, move the songs around and every few times you do it, the sound will stop.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 5:56 am
I have noticed problem also. Matters not how many songs are in list

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 12:29 pm
Adion wrote :
The problem has been found and will be fixed in the next update.

In case anyone else missed this.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 2:19 pm
ok

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 4:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)