Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Has Frozen 2x today during live gig!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Twice today during 2 different gigs VDJ8 freezes. I've never had this problem before and this is the 1st time I've used it out with build 1855. When it freezes it's mid song and the controller and VDJ8 are unresponsive. I've tried unplugging my controller USB and plugging it back up, turning it on and nothing and it is plugged in firm etc. I found out earlier that by changing my controller to my config 2 (for use without controller) and it will play then. I noticed that the build doesn't show right now and since I rigged a make shift rig to keep playing I can't reboot but the build is now showing build 1855.699 when it's always XXXX.692 (I believe). It's almost like the computer isn't recognizing my controller in any of my usb slots, when I plug it in it does it's thing where it shows connecting on the screen but it doesn't light up after or anything. My controller is the American Audio Versadeck and usually when u plug it up it shows connecting and then the lights will start flashing on the controller.

I'm playing the gig out with mouse (something I've never really done) so any assistance/advice would be appreciated.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 11:24 pm
Not much you can do right now, if you can't reboot. If you are still on the job, good luck with the mouse.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 11:38 pm
Yeah, this sux but thanks

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 11:43 pm
Too bad you are in OH, or I would bring you a setup. Do you have 7 with you?

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 12:01 am
yeah, I'm done now. rebooted and it's working now (playing while I tear down) but the build is still wrong (I think)
wtf caused that cuz I cant be having that happen again?

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 12:28 am
I have been using the same beta, with updates, since the beginning. So today, I decided to get a fresh install, and I am using the latest build, 1855.699. I was having some speaker issues, last week, from my mobile setup, and was outside all day, trying to pin it down. I still did not pin it down, but will keep trying, before my next mobile gig on the 5th. I will be using this build, in the club tomorrow, and do not expect any issues. If I were you, I would test the same setup during the week, to see if you can reproduce the same freeze, and report it. Make sure you have the latest drivers and firmware for the controller. I like to stay on line, so if I have a crash, the dev team gets the report, automatically.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 12:58 am
thanks man, I'm running with the controller attached and playing since I've been home, nothing. I've got a busy weekend so I'll just gonna play everyday and see if it happens again. It happened 2 times at different points today, was online both times but I'll def check the drivers etc. Thanks.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 2:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)