Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Karaoke + Automix Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Apologies if this has been asked before but it is not always easy to find posts where there are so many.

Had an issue at a Karaoke booking last night and have just tried same scenario again at home - still the same. Happening on Build 1845 and Build 1855 - checked on 2 machines.

Loading Karaoke in Deck 1 but not Karaoke Option turned off - just loading as individual track. Using a playlist on Automix (Fade (remove intro/outro)) in Deck 2 as my background music inbetween songs. When the Automix gets to the remove intro/outro part of each song, the video screen goes black for a few seconds until the song comes back on. This of course turns off my external monitor for a few seconds also which is not so good. Have tried using Automix on all of the different settings (fade, etc.) and same happens. It is as if VDJ thinks that the Automix is changing the video when it is loaded in a different deck.

Doesn't happen when using the Karaoke Option + Automix as obviously the Automix doesn't kick in until the Karaoke track is finished, or the music part finishes if you have Karaoke Silence on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 1:25 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Remove silence is the best option for what you're doing...

Another thing you can do is place an audio track after the karaoke track for music on the list, click "Mix Now" option when ready to start the next karaoke track, this will work more smoothly for you.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 1:48 pm
Remove silence is off - the trouble with removing the silence in Karaoke is that you often lose the opening graphic which shows which song is being sung :/ Also, the music track is on Deck 2, Karaoke on Deck 1 - I always use them separate - never on same deck.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 2:06 pm

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 2:31 pm
Use a two deck solution as if you are playing audio files and it will work. use the AutoMix playlist to hold karaoke tracks with no options on, that means No Autoplaying of tracks, or you could use the easy method which I explained to you before...

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 4:50 pm
I realise there is ways around this issue if your not interrupted with request. You can pause the automix playlist and manually use the platter on your controler ( if your lucky enough to have one) to move on to the next track.
I think the issue here is this problem did not happen with vdj 7 which run fine when run in this scenario of which I know a few people who like to use this software In this way when running a karaoke night.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 11:06 pm
I have exactly the same issue with the karaoke words going blank on the main video output whilst an automix is occurring on the other deck. A bug that really needs addressing please.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 1:37 pm
You just need to go into config. Video tab and click off the "Fade to dark" on volume fader and that I think is your problem.

Good Luck..

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 3:27 pm
That is why you shouldn't run a show manually, Do it in AutoMix and done... no matter what they throw at you, no problem...

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 3:31 pm
It is Automix that is causing the issue though...

I cannot find any option for "fade to dark" either?? The only option shown under Video Volume is VideoVolumeLink = yes or no. It is V8, Pro, with Advanced Options checked too.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 3:52 pm
** UPDATE **

With lots of help from Dan (again!) - have found a way around this. I had already discovered that it does not happen with Automix on Dual Deck Mode BUT, in Single Deck Mode, by selecting a Video Effect (we tried both MilkDrop & Slideshow) on whichever video screen you are not using - the Automix fade points do not make the main screen blackout.

There may still be a bug in there somewhere but hopefully this will help anyone else experiencing the same issue.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 5:43 pm
Yes - this workaround does appear to work. I have reported to the Dev Team as a bug and will report back any response i get.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 5:45 pm
hope a fix does come in causes as far as I'm aware milk drop doesn't work on the mac and I've never used slideshow as of yet. Will try out your workaround at some point see if it works for me.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 7:42 pm
You don't necessarily need to use it, just have it active.
At least that's worked for me.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 2:17 am
John

I believe it will work with any video effect selected - am going to have a good go with it today just to be sure but I did try a few other video effects and got no blackout before finally giving up for some sleep around 2am, lol!

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 6:34 am
Ok guys this seems to work on the mac anyway. AutomixDualDeck set to NO.
Automix loaded into deck A and playing.
On Deck A effects panel set this to slideshow and make sure it's turned on (highlighted)does not need anything loaded into slideshow.
Link in the video tab selected.
Karaoke loaded into deck B. No more video blank out during the automix transition 😃happy Johnny

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 7:33 pm
** UPDATE **

PC Build 1870.702

All fixed!! No need to select any effect on alternate video and blackout now not happening when Automix fade points kick in.

Many thanks to Dan for all his help on this one - much appreciated.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 3:35 am
Ahhhh I was quite liking playing around with the visual effect never used them before now. But really all joking aside thanks guys this was the only thing that was keeping me from going live with vdj8. And in the process I've learnt abit about the visual effects ! BONUS

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 6:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)