Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: 8 bar loop from start of song loops dead air prior to the song!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
OK the video below says it all. But If I start a loop with the deck paused and then hit - let's say - 16 bar loop; it works fine. But; if the song is playing and I hit the loop button the loop begins well prior to when the loop button was pressed. I never had this issue until this last update (that I can recall).
Here's the video...

http://youtu.be/yrppPz__Rak

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:10 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yep, I can confirm this as well (1845.698).

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:41 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Could this be the setting that you need to check ?

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:44 pm
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hmmmm...is that a new setting? Cuz I've never noticed it before. It fixed the issue (it was on smart) but I have never noticed that setting before. Thanks Freppa.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:49 pm
In the loop options, do you have "back" enabled?

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:50 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thank you Freppa, that solved it ;) .

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:50 pm
There is a popup window asking which behaviour you prefere when yu try to set your first loop. Maybe yu did not read it completely and just clicked ok ;-)

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 1:21 am
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi Jakovski-

I keep getting the popup box and regardless of what I choose, the same thing happens where the loop starts way before the beginning. I'll change my options tomorrow to see if that works.

Nick

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 12:35 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Even if back is enabled - logically I would still call this a bug or maybe an oversight.

There is no reason to be looping say 16, 32, 64 beats if the position of the song is negative zero.

I can see this behavior causing problems with inexperience users if they try to loop a track at the start of a song for example 16 beats but the song never starts because the back loop mode is enabled and the track is looping in negative zero territory - and for the life of them they can't figure out why the track is not playing..

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 1:22 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Let them figure it out, ask here or quit, we can't keep pace with the slowest, evolution doesn't work like that.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 4:55 am
This is a good point that's been raised.

The 'back mode' should be smart enough to know where the beginning of the track is, and not to loop before that - it shouldn't be able to.

Likewise, if you're 4 bars into a track and you select an 8 bar 'back loop' it shouldn't allow it.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 10:14 am
Maybe you want that, 4 beats of silence 4 of beats of music.

@gkon116 you want to set backLoopWizard to no

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 11:02 am
Maybe you do, but it shouldn't loop what isn't there.

Most people have files where the audio starts after a few ms. That's how they're sold, that's how they're usually ripped.

If the silence is not actually present as data in the file, then the looper shouldn't be creating it of its own accord.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 11:56 am
No no no, I disagree, I like the fact, if say I'm on absolute beat 16 and I 'goto - 32' that it goes back 32 and stays in sync, as it is, is the most versatile, You can't account for user error.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 12:11 pm
Wow, it would seem to me, that if I get burnt touching the fire the first time, I have learned my lesson. If you don't want the loop to go backwards, turn it off. Now, if you turn off the back loop, and it still does it, then we have an issue. I got the pop up the first time, turned it off, and it has not come on again.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 3:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)