Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Problem with karaoke on vdj8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello dear support team,

first a huge praise from my side for your commitment and your new version 8!
Now to my "little" problem.
I've been using for quite some time VDJ7 for my karaoke events.
For my advertising between tracks I use the background function from the karaoke effect.
I have stored there my own background image. In version 7, this works great.
Therefore, I have now achieved this once with the current version 8 (build 1828) on OS Windows 7 Pro.
It is not working well.
So what I did:
Background image under "Options-karaokebackgroundimage" set the background image appears when you start properly on the main monitor.
Track 1 (I use only MP4 files) loaded and started in Player A - video plays correctly while... playing on Player A has a second track in Player B loaded.
After the end of the track in my player A fixed background reappears.
Now the track in Player B starts - on the main monitor the background image is visible.
The video from player B is only visible if I click below sideview "Karaoke " on the karaoke button - but then the background is completely gone.
I 've tried it the other way around , ie Track 1 and Track 2 in Player B Player A in - same problem.
When you first started Player does it all , even if I reload the tracks in the player, the second player, the video file will be ignored and permanently displayed the background.
Unfortunately, a tag my tracks with the checkbox "Karaoke" in the "File Info" of the Tag Editor also has no effect.
I am at my wits end.
Did I do something wrong, or because I am encountered a bug ?
For any questions I am happy to help.

Yours sincerely
Lutz Schoepp

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 12:55 pm
Agreed, it is almost as if V8 is a step backwards as far as Karaoke is concerned. I would have hoped the karaoke would have all the features as the plug in for V7.4. That being said, I really enjoy using the new version for straight Dj'ing. And have had no issues with it in that regard. When they get the karaoke a little more solid I will no longer need 7.4 for anything.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 8:03 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The karaoke mode is designed to work on a single deck.
You add the songs in the order you want to the karaoke list, and enable karaoke mode.
Each time you stop a song, the next song is loaded and the background image is shown.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 12:04 am
Hello Adion ,

Thanks for the info. I 've used the version 7.4.1 for karaoke and because it works so as described with two decks.
The list function , I had already tried , because it works.
So how RCBAudio also writes that it would be desirable if the version 8 would also be available with 2 decks for karaoke.
It is then a more comfortable working during the event.
Is that planned sometime - I think the whole thing for both decks into the code again to implement should not be all too difficult , after all is yes with version 7 of the source code before (I'm a programmer by profession ).
Apparently I 'm not the only one who wishes that in the new version again. Otherwise, I can only say that the version 8 is great. Become a halt for Karaoke continue to use the version 7 - although version 8 significantly faster and uses less network resources ( CPU load , RAM , etc.)
I am sometimes good things.

Regards
vogtlaender212

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 11:04 am
Some KJ's beat mix Karaoke and using both decks is a must.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 11:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)