Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Screen Freeze

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ FusiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have a Screen freeze when I'm loading new song to the empty deck. The screen only freeze about half second, but the sound is okey, but it happens everytime I load new song. I have all the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia and the Numark NS6 is working ok. I have try'd all kind of files - mp4, VOB, mp3 , wav, mpg. It's the only problem I have to fix, so I can give my VDJ 7 goodbye kiss and start using VDJ 8 in my gigs.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 10:08 pm
nsxmarvPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Me too!

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 2:21 am
Set performance > SongLoadPriority το indle
Songs gonna load slower on the decks, but you probably won't have this problem anymore.
In my case, downgrading from windows 7 to WinXP helped me even more

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 3:02 am
Labrokratis wrote :
Set performance > SongLoadPriority το indle
Songs gonna load slower on the decks, but you probably won't have this problem anymore.
In my case, downgrading from windows 7 to WinXP helped me even more

I'v already tried that. Um using gamers laptop, Alienware 16 gb ram and build version 1855

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 7:09 am
More and more often, when downloading a song, my mac notebook screen freezes. I did not have this issue with 7, stopped using 8, started using 7 again, but then found that 7 does the same thing now. Remember, I never experienced this until 8, this seems to occur more and more. Does not matter which internet source used. It happens anywhere and everywhere. Are there any know remedies ?

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 5:14 pm
just one more tid bit...I have read some other post that states it only theirs only freezes for a few seconds, mine freezes indefinitely until I restart. You can only imaging the reactions I get when performing live.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 5:17 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
there is a german user with the same problem. skin freezes after about 10 seconds.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 7:33 am
I am also having the freeze after about 10 seconds, can still stop and start music using keyboard shortcuts, and can still click button to open configuration settings. but no updates to skin display.

had to go back to version 2028

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 5:41 pm
(NOTE: we fix and update VirtualDJ 8 daily, so most of the bugs in this forum are probably already obsolete and fixed by the time you read this)
Does'nt seem to be the case...Problem is so persistent, and has been according to other users for a very long time. I am at wits end. Will start looking for another DJ software system to use.

Posted Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 3:43 pm
nometrodj:
Have you tried to start from the begining - Backup the virtualdj folder, uninstall and delete the VDJ folder. Then installing the virtualdj 8 and update the Nvidia driver

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 12:07 am
problem in system 32 etc host files

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 6:15 am

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 11:34 am
DJ Fusi wrote :
I have a Screen freeze when I'm loading new song to the empty deck. The screen only freeze about half second, but the sound is okey, but it happens everytime I load new song. I have all the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia and the Numark NS6 is working ok. I have try'd all kind of files - mp4, VOB, mp3 , wav, mpg. It's the only problem I have to fix, so I can give my VDJ 7 goodbye kiss and start using VDJ 8 in my gigs.

I have the same issue. It also happens if I unload a track. Nvidia GT650m 2GB

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 1:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)