Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 Video "Craziness"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TDV8823PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Here's what's happening...

In VDJ 7 it used to basically take "full control" of my second video driver. I could minimize virtual DJ and open up a file explorer window, or a web browser, or anything else I needed to grab on the fly and VDJ 7 would keep running flawlessly.

In VDJ 8, any time I leave the program with even just having video activated (no video even playing, or a video playing, it happens any time video window is open), The video flashes and VDJ 8 constantly tries to resume being the active application. for instance, if I switched into my web browser, it focuses the mouse back into Virtual Dj even though its still minimized. The video will keep flashing, go blank, and if a video is playing, will flash back up at the current position in the video.

Am I missing a setting, or is this the designed new behavior of Virtual DJ 8? I would really rather it have Video behave like in VDJ 7 so I can keep multitasking. :(

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 11:38 am
I understand your dilemma... I've been discussing similar problems. When I multi task VDJ8 freezes and I have to go back to 7. I tested it once without multi tasking and it worked fine all night. Like you, I need to multi task as each event I need to play all sorts of music and sometimes I need to look at various charts to remember songs. If I open a web browser forget it! Downloading anything kills it. With 7 I never had a glitch.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 11:49 am
Sounds like "videoForceFullscreen" is set to 1.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 12:22 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Yes, make sure videoFullScreen is set to 0.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 12:54 pm
I multi task all night long, and do not have this issue.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 1:19 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I had/ have similar problems with the video window opening and flashing at some point/ time.
And I don't have set videoForceFullscreen set to 1. Never touched that setting.

Unfortunatelly I wasn't able to really reproduce this.
And it only happens if I don't use a 2nd screen for video output.
That being said it really doesn't bother me if it happens while just playing around with V8 at home,
so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 4:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)