Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: English.xml Very minor error

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Minor Maybe Error, Windows (I don't know if languages are updated between builds I don't think they are, so it may have been caught already)
Displays wrong in mapper window one script displays in xml form with & amp ; instead of &
I can't find which line and column

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 9:02 am
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
Also, when you install a skin on the Mac version (perhaps the PC version too), the message says 'Installation successfull'. (Successful is spelled with only a single l.)

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 10:09 am
Seeing your post, I just had a look through the XML myself....

There are a lot of grammar errors and a few spelling mistakes too. One that appears a lot is the phrase "stop to" e.g. "stop to record" instead of "stop recording".

I've tweaked mine to correct other things such as "colour" (UK spelling) instead of "color" too, but I suspect it's overwritten for each update, as the ear/hear mistake was there again, after I reported it and it was changed recently.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 10:11 am
Perhaps they can have someone from their North American location review the strings.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 11:20 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Now who are you "gonna" find that can spell proper English from that part of the world... lol

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 11:30 am
I'd do it... I have written 100+ product manuals and authored a few books.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 2:16 pm
But can you spell "Colour" ?? LOL

Is Virtual DJ an American program or a European program, what is the accepted "international spelling".

In the wider view its not really important ....... but just interested in how these grammatical decisions are made.

Peace

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 7:34 pm
For your info:

If you make a renamed edited copy of any language XML, it appears as a choice in config and you can select that rather than the default/bad one.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 4:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)