Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: Build 1855 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

-Fix config window constantly refreshing when some ASIO soundcards disconnected
-Ignored controllers no longer make license window pop up
-Fix auto-gain off with unanalysed songs causing gain to change
-Karaoke background music works with only 1 song in automix list
-Sample mute also hides video
-Double-click song while in automix only mixes to next song when done from within automix list
-Some pitch improvements for denon motorized platters
-Fix pitch "all" and pitch "dual" actions not working
-Fix metronome on mac
-Fix favorite folder being created when mouse moved only one pixel while clicking folder
-Fix timecode not stopping playback when moving needle past end of song
-Fixed controller's recommended skin dialog wasn't showed
-Fix v7 tracklistings not correctly copied on mac
-Fix creating new playlist not working on mac
-Fix some sort bugs causing play time to be ordered wrong, and playlists not showing in their original order
-Pitch slider allows min parameter (for fixing reloop rmp3 pitch slider)
-pitch "touchrelative' for touch sensitive pitch sliders
-Fix bug reading iTunes playlist names
-Fix some Promo Only video crashing on load

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 8:23 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
-Double-click song while in automix only mixes to next song when done from within automix list

When i would double click a song in playlist it would start mixing into it in automix. Now it won't do that??

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 8:34 am
sclavel wrote :

-Some pitch improvements for denon motorized platters

This is good - the problem with rising pitch when scratching is now gone.

There's now an issue with the track "sliding" when the platter is held. Grabbing the platter and holding creates a slow dragging sound as if the track is still trying to play, and the waveform in VDJ can be seen vibrating back and forth.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 10:52 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
That issue actually already existed - at least on other Denon motorised controllers.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 10:56 am

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 11:14 am
1855 - touchscreen mode scrollbars dont change size.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 11:46 am
Mr_TPRO InfinityMember since 2005
BEST BUILD EVER FOR MAC

But, i have a Screen freeze... i load and play a song from cache... the icon says 100% but of what?
i must make a hard reset of VDJ

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 6:27 pm
leneerPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2014
I hope the Build time to speed up

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 11:04 pm
testing it now :)

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 3:12 am
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Prelisten works intermittenly. I know this has been reported in a few other threads but I wanted it to be documented here as well.

Machine Specs:
15 Inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display
• 2.8GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
• 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
• 768GB Flash Storage

The issue:

Prelisten will work fine for a few songs and then stops working. The prelisten icon shows that the track is playing but no sound from headphones. Even if I map a keyboard shortcut, Pre-Listen still won't activate.

The only solution at this point is to close VDJ8 and reopen. Can use prelisten for a little while then rinse and repeat. Shut down software and start all over again.

My workaround solution is to use a 4 deck skin and use decks 3 & 4 as my prelisten. Not great but works in a pinch.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 10:35 am
in the next version, I found some detail, to enable automix, in the central spectrum shows that reach the wing when engaging music, the spectrum starts aver fuzzy, and small scratches,,,

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 11:54 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Go into config, sound tab open card and press apply this also works..

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 4:47 pm
flasheos again appeared white on the skin in this version ...

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 6:50 pm
Hi! Do not understand how the other DJs have not noticed the error in cuts frequencies in parametric equalizers (full kill on), cuts the frequencies are erroneous, I think I'll have to do a comparative video, this is really serious, I that can not possibly explain my bad English.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 9:49 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Well I notice this from the begining of vdj8 but I think its small issue ,I dont get it why ist to complicate for you,there so many ways you can fix this small issue,which I dont think that affect the way vdj 8 was made. Only for this little issue you mke alot complaint and you are every where, I understand about this but come on ,be simple go with real problems no with this kind little problem,.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 4:24 am
[build 1855] Screen dimming (intermittent)

upon loading a track the screen dims (or flashes alternate between din and not (and video out too)

reproducible after loading a selection of files.
tried just now with .mp4 (720p) .vob .mp3 .. i have the .mp3 that set it off, last night it was Rudimental feel the love .mp4 720p from Promoonly (pool UKEurope Chart Video Best of the Week's Releases April 2012 Week 3)

[edit:] seems to happen quicker with milkdrop8 selected for audio only visualization, but could happen upon loading any file type (video, audio, etc)

[edit 2:] updated milkdrop8 with the latest available in downloads ant it also found a needed directx update. now cant reproduce this screen dinning but will report back if happens again.
(initially it could been an issue with latest catalyst drivers)

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 6:09 am
This 1855 version seems to be more demanding on CPU on PC, never had audio dropout or stutter problems before this release and i'm using same settings... 1845 responded better, nonetheless the team seems to be moving in the right direction

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 6:37 am
1855 / Still problems with the order of the playlists.

With "keepsortorder" set to "no", if you open a playlist, in the first time, it's ok; your playlist is in the good order.
But if (for example) you clic on "Artist", so it changes the order and displays your tracks by artist (normal).
And now, if you want to re-open this playlist, it will display by artist !! And all the playlist you will now open will display in the wrong order by artist!!

The only way to find again the playlists in the good order is then to close and re-open vdj!!

(Sorry for my very bad english)

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 12:27 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Right-click on a header and select original sort order again.
Now all playlists will remember this choice again.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 1:13 pm
Thanks!
Ok, it works half.

If you change the order of a few lists and now change by Right-click on a header to select original sort order again,
it's not revert to the original order all the playlists.
You have to right-click to select original order for all the playlists you have previously changed!

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 2:47 am
48%