Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: crash

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

stevoqxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello,
Last saturday I gave another try using VDJ8 instead of VDJ7. As I played for about 15 minutes the program spontaniously crashed. I wasn't doing anything else than playing track after track. It was no big deal because it was the beginning of the evening. However, I couldn't take the risk of a second crash later on.
What became a problem afterwords is that VDJ7 didn't use my preps from VDJ8. I made a virtual map with tracks to play during that night and I couldn't find the map nore the changes that I made to the tracks. I had added the images to mp4's. They were missing in VDJ7. I felt stupid not finding my tracks as you can imagine.
Suggestion: Can you ad the possibility of manual importing images when you don't get them automaticaly or in bad quality? It 's a very nice possibility in iTunes and it would come very handy. I eventualy would be able to scan my own covers.
I really want to use VDJ 8 as soon as possible. Next gig: 5-07-2014...in two weeks.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 4:34 am
VDJ 7 and VDJ 8 are separate programs. Changes you make to your library in 8 will not automatically work in 7.

The reverse is also true, but VDJ 8 can read the 7 database...........when first installed.

I'd suggest that the best method is to work primarily in 7, then (if you want the changes to be carried to 8) delete the database.xml before starting 8 so that the 7 database is re-imported to 8.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 6:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)