Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: 1834.690 prelisten no longer working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

no changes made to system or config since last update but prelisten is no longer working

not that I use it a lot cause I really don't like it taking up that much real estate on the side but when I do use it kinda need it to work.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 12:08 pm
Wild, see if this is fixed in next build, which will be released soon. If not, report in the regression forum.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 2:22 pm
i'm not in the beta builds.

and head scratcher time - it's suddenly working again. I still haven't changed anything and had already shut down and restarted a few times prior before giving up and posting about it earlier.

going to beat it with a stick and see where it goes later tonight.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 5:17 pm
Wild, take another hit, and call me in the morning.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 8:28 pm
I think it's because the prelisten player seems to be fussier about certain files (bit rate, encoding, mono v stereo etc) than the main decks.

It's been mentioned a few times before, that once the prelisten player encounters a track it doesn't like, it then fails to play anything else.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 6:59 am
it was every file type. didn't matter if it was mp3 mp4 aac wav - nothing was playing in prelisten from any source: cd, external drive or internal drives. but all the rest of the audio and video was working.

wouldn't even have posted but problem lasted long enough to be aggravating - as aggravating as having it on the side and not the bottom - but it started working again later on.

again no changes made to system or config. there one minute gone the next.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 5:27 pm
I have the same issue on my Mac. Once it finds a file it doesn't like it will no longer play any files including the previous tracks that worked fine. The only way to get it working again is to restart the app.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 4:58 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Is it specific files that it doesn't like then? (Every time stops working at the same file?)
Do these files play fine on the deck?

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 6:01 am

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 7:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)