Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 7 - VDJ8 cache ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BillbwePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Ok, there seems to be a lot of talk going on regarding cache (DRM files), request two bits of information :-
1) Can we transfer saved song from Version 7 to Version 8 after initial download ?
2) Can you please give us an indication when we shall be able to continue working as normal using our saved cache file (no internet connection) as most venues that I play have no internet in the club,
This being the case you have taken my working capabilities away from me and I'm paying for it ???, don't seem right to me.

It's all very well saying "all will be repaired in 8.1, but when will that happen and who pays the bills till then ?
It sucks a little as am sure you can understand.

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 4:01 pm
Firstly do not confuse DRM protected files from other sources with Content Unlimited.
Of course content unlimited files play with Virtual DJ 8.

Quote :
1) Can we transfer saved song from Version 7 to Version 8 after initial download ?

I have just tested downloading 3 tracks in Virtual DJ 7.4.1 close that afterwards. Opening Virtual DJ 8 and navigating to the Downloaded files folder under content unlimited, searching all 3 files, which the automatically displayed.
If they don't you do have a recurse option on the main Content Unlimited folder.

Quote :
2) Can you please give us an indication when we shall be able to continue working as normal using our saved cache file (no internet connection) as most venues that I play have no internet in the club,
This being the case you have taken my working capabilities away from me and I'm paying for it ???, don't seem right to me.

Seems to be working fine as it is now.

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 4:23 pm
It is not working fine. When I download a song to cache on VDJ8 and disconnect from the internet, it tells me the song rights have expired, and I need to refresh. If I want to play a cached song, I have to be connected to the internet on VDJ8, or use VDJ7. Can someone please let me know if there is a setting I have wrong?

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 7:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)