Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 CHANGES by bp's when the track is loaded into the player...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I use an external BPM program to calculate the BPM's for my tracks. When I load a track with a BPM already in the tag, VDJ8 CHANGES the bpm and rewrites the bpm tag.

How do I get this to stop?

The BPM editor is terrible is VDJ8, in my opinion, and I want to keep and use the bpms that I calculated outside of the software.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 4:07 pm
And, because the BPM is terrible, the loops are also terrible.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 4:46 pm
The track has already been BPM'd but yet VDJ8 has chosen to BPM it again and use that BPM. In addition, after a few minutes, VDJ8 will OVER WRITE my BPM.

Here is a screen shot of what I mean.

BPM'd at 107.4 but yet VDJ8 has set the BPM to 105.8. I know the 107.4 is correct.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 5:03 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The way I test bpm is I jump 256 beats if the jump stays on beat, the bpm is correct (within VDJ, VDJ may be wrong but if it is wrong consistently then it doesn't matter)

Although I'd imagine that Neil Diamond tracks (being recorded live) will be a slightly variable bpm

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 5:08 pm
The simple answer Scott is no (at the moment).

Virtual DJ will always analyze the song itself if it hasn't been analyzed before, regardless of whether another software has written those BPM's.

So presumably your beat grid is off, hence your loops not working correctly? (can't see this because of the image cropping).
Also which ND track is it and i'll test here.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 5:10 pm
The tracks are a mess because of this and NOTHING holds the bpm for the entire song. How other people are not questioning this is amazing to me.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 8:16 am
djmagicmoments wrote :
NOTHING holds the bpm for the entire song.

How have you tested this? Did you for instance play the track in the BPM Editor and run the metronome to check?

For example, I have a track that I know is exactly 103 bpm (because I warped it to 103 with Ableton Live).

VDJ 8 analyses this track and records the tempo as 103 bpm. I can see from the grid lines in the BPM Editor that the tempo of 103 bpm is maintained all the way through the track.

You're claiming that your copy of VDJ 8 is not doing the same thing, with any of your tracks?

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 8:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)