Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Audio bug report / Suggestions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, I don't know if this was lately reported or not, but anyways here is the issue: The scratching audio quality is great while scratching on the waveform, but when you scratch on the disk the audio becomes digitized, also when you go back to scratch on the waveform (after using the disk) the sound becomes a little distorted until you close and re-open Virtual DJ (this is strictly mouse/keyboard talk, I didn't try other external controllers). Ok now for some suggestions, I noticed when scratching with a mouse on Virtual DJ 8, the disk is harder to pull back compared to Virtual DJ 7, I know this is a good feature and it's supposed to emulated real vinyl feel, but it became harder to make clean cuts when scratching with a mouse, so can you please give us (mouse/keyboard users) an option to turn this feature off? Here is a video for better explanation, with a small scratch sample at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8CwHUMtAwo

Overall, I really like Virtual DJ 8's new audio engine, it feels faster and more responsive than Virtual DJ 7.

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 2:46 pm
By the way, how to embed a youtube video? this code doesn't work: [ youtube ] video id [ /youtube ] (without spaces)

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 9:46 am
[ youtube ] V8CwHUMtAwo [/ youtube]

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 9:57 am
Thanks djtouchdan, for some strange reason the embed code didn't work for me, this is what I get when I put the code without spaces:

youtube V8CwHUMtAwo

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 10:08 am
May not be available to free users - i guess.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 10:10 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No nor quoting or any bbc. ;-( or smileys, kill joys. and for future reference dan you can show the exact bbc without spaces is you wrap it in 'nobbc' tag

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 2:17 pm
Update: I found out how to make scratching easier with a mouse, just had to change "rampScratchTime" to 0 in the options. So now you can ignore my suggestion in the first post^^

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 5:48 pm
locodog wrote :
No nor quoting or any bbc. ;-( or smileys, kill joys. and for future reference dan you can show the exact bbc without spaces is you wrap it in 'nobbc' tag

Well aware of that, but as the OP had posted in this way, i stayed the same inorder to keep continuity.

ps. we can't do smilies either ;-)

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 5:54 pm
UPDATE: Audio problem fixed by installing ASIO4ALL driver.

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 1:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)