Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ and accessibility issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

let me first introduce myself and my Intention: I am visually impaired, not fully blinded however I Need to magnify the Contents of the Screen and using a Screen Reader to adapt the Information via speech. As I started working with Music, I know to practice with tape Recorders and venyl and disc Players. To get familiar with Computer mixing was not really interesting because of the difficulties in handling the Software. But now I baught a Numark Mixtrack Edge to get familiar with this and after I was trying some applications, I found that I could work in General with Virtual DJ. Unlike other Computer programs, I can use some on my mobile devices, like Cross DJ on Android and DJay 2 on iDevices. But the restrictions of Memory are a reason why I was trying out to get it on using Windows.

Now, I have a ASUS T100 tablet with an Atom platform which seems to work very good and fits perfectly to the Mixtrack Edge. The touch Screen also is a good tool to touch the elements and this works fine, except for the Information about title and some other Information.

The main Problem for me is to get Information about the title which I Chose and the titles which are running. Technical it would be no Problem to mix the speech over the Output where the headphone is plugged in, however no Information of the Folders list is spoken out. But menus after clicking right are spoken as well as the Options menu.

In Windows there is an API called MSAA available. This API connects the applications with usual Screen Readers, like the open source solution NVDA. For some applications, like Reaper, is an accessibility Option which can be installed and which is present and fits with Reaper. I am not good in programming so I have no idea how complicated this could be, but maybe it could be a good Marketing reason to make Virtual DJ slightly accessible. There are many blind People who uses Internet Radio or creating Podcasts or are real DJ's on parties, but mostly of them should use real CD Players instaid of Software.

Because my issue might be very Special, I hope that there is a Little interest to help in this case.

Regards
Stephan

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 12:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)