Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Not all songs in crates in VDJ 7 carry over to VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

so i am missing some crates and some songs in the crates that did come over...any fix?

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 10:58 am
should have worked fine.
You can always try again, maybe something interrupted the process...

If you still have v7 database on your system, simply delete the "virtualDJ" folder on each drive .. for example d:/virtualdj
As well as the database.xml in "my documents/virtualdj" (do NOT delete VirtualDJ Database v6.xml, this is the database for older version of vdj)

After this start VirtualDJ 8, and let it run for a bit, to ensure the database import is fully done (and make sure your drives with your music are all connected)

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 7:10 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
well prepare to lose all your analyzes, tags & comments, cues etc you've made in VDJ8 if you delete d:/VirtualDJ folders.... At least take a backup copy before deleting. That's my recommendation.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 12:43 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Yeah, just rename to old.mxl then once v8 copies over all folders and files, put the new mxl files into a folder somewhere else and rename your old.xml files back to the original name so you wont lose anything..

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 10:52 am
I give up!
I am trying to use the V7 database from my Windows system, hoping for V8 to read and retain all of the CUEs etc in it's new V8 database on OSx.

I've tried several things including;
1.) checking the path reference on OSx vs. Windows: In the first case it seems v8 running on OSx referenced the music on the external drive as E:/Media. So updated all of the references in the V7 database to E:/Media (Find/Replace) and laid down the updated V7 database file in the root of external drive (E:), deleted the E:/VirtualDJ folder on the external drive and deleted database.xml under Documents >> No joy.

2.) tried again, this time changing the path reference in the V7 database file to /Volumes/VOLUME_NAME/Media after deleting all of the V8 database files. >> still No Joy

The strangest thing is that every time I go into V8, all of the BPM, CUEs etc are retained for all video files (.VOB, .MPG) but not for .MP3 or .MP4 files. Even stranger, I have found a few .MPG files without BPM data and a few .MP3 files with BPM data. Where is it storing this stuff or reading it from if I deleted all of the database.xml files?

This is totally random and I can't make sense of it. Perhaps someone can shed some light. (Why couldn't we have had a utility that we can use to open a pre-V8 database and save it as V8 format into the correct location? This is painful.

Should I even mention that search is not working even after choosing to add a folder to SearchDB.

[MAC OSx Mountain Lion 10x)

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 10:07 pm
digijoc-Mele wrote :

The strangest thing is that every time I go into V8, all of the BPM, CUEs etc are retained for all video files (.VOB, .MPG) but not for .MP3 or .MP4 files. Even stranger, I have found a few .MPG files without BPM data and a few .MP3 files with BPM data. Where is it storing this stuff or reading it from if I deleted all of the database.xml files?

I am having a similar issue where my database is finding files that do not exist on my computer or in the database.xml file. There must be some other file out there storing this information.

joe...

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 10:46 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
If you still use v7 then just check & clean your drives first, make sure everything is good in v7 first then rename your v8 xml file. Close v7 now open v8 and let it copy all files from v7 xml file and folders, this should fix your issue, now if you did anything in v8 like cue points, import new music, then you will need to swap your old renamed v8 xml file with the new one.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 2:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)