Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Default Skin- X's and other buttons are WAY too small

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Using a 15" Macbook Pro and the X's and buttons are WAY too small for many of us.

Can we make those bigger or a different color?

Thanks.

Scott

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 7:30 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
i donĀ“t think that there will be any changes in the default skin at the moment.
I guess there are 3 ways to solve your problem in short-term:

1. try the tablet mode
2. perhaps connect a extrernal screen
3. Maybe a skinbuilder will make a skin for small screens with less but bigger buttons

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 9:10 am
I am fairly certain I read that they will be tweaking the default skin once the majority of bugs are fixed.

That is what I am hoping for.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 9:48 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Even the search bar is ridiculously small to be of any use even if I had perfect vision, it should have been linked to the resize buttons.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 12:12 pm
this is a developer's fault (the one responsible of the design), probably he designed the skin in a 24" or 27" monitor, and of course there the skin has looked good, but he forgot that VDJ is not used in big screens, and is used in notebook or laptops with 14" or 15" and in less resolutions (like 1024x768 or 1366x768).

the root of the trouble is in the default skin, due is designed for a resolution of 1920x1080 for Full HD and for big monitors, and this is wrong for small monitors like 14'' or 15'' in notebooks or laptops, or for people that use lower resolutions (like 1024x768 or 1366x768), and due to the less amount of DPI, is hard to see the X and some small points or symbols, even the embedded text in the skin become blurry and is hard to read due to this.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 7:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)