Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 Mac issues (MAC)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cehletPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Ok on my mac when I try to record a session live that I am spinning it locks up my mac completely locks it up I can't command tab out of the program and force it to quit I can't even force a system restart from there I have to press the power button on the mac and force a power off of the mac. This is not a good thing to have to do with the mac period as eventually it will cause system issues according to Apple support. I contacted them with this first to make sure I wasn't having a issue with my processor and they stated that it was an issue with your software causing this computer to freeze up. I was in their store when it happened and there infront of their techs and after rebooting the computer the Mac core temp was over 180 degrees F and VDJ was the only program running when this happened so it is also causing a thermal over heat of the system. This over heating has caused dammage to the processor on my mac the L2 cache is no longer reporting correctly to the processor as a direct result of this happening. Its under warranty however I am now w/o my mac here is screen shots of my macs system information including one with the L2 cache showing as well. What is the cause of this over heating and when is there a fix in the plans for this I would love to be able to use this software live at performances on my mac when I spin how ever with this happening I cannot afford to risk it.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 5:34 am
cehletPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Another issue to add when I first installed VDJ 8 the plugins from 7 were working fine on it now I cannot use the plugins from previous builds at all what is the deal with this and how do I resolve this?

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 5:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)