Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: recording extra fields in tracklist file

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ScowieHome userMember since 2020
Hi I asked a question about this in the forums but have been asked to put it in as a bug or enhancement request:
Here goes...

I Would like to request an enhancement that would prove very useful for people using VDJ for dance classes etc. We use the comment field as the name of the dance we do to each track of music, and what we would like to be able to do is produce a history of what dances we have done ( in addition to the names of the tracks and artists). This would prove extremely useful. It would be wonderful if a such a field could be custom renamed to some thing like 'dance' by the user, and this information recorded in the tracklist or M3u. Maybe it could be an option to rename an existing field and be able to choose what fields are included in the tracklist file. Many thanks please ask if this is not clear.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 4:12 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Right click the field headings in your playlists/history you can include the comment field.
M3U's only include a filepath, that's a standard beyond Atomix's control

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 6:37 am
Hi thanks for the reply - sorry for the delay too. I did what you say and we can see that in VDJ when it is running, but I would like the tracklist txt file to include the comment field. so I can use it to record what 'Dances we did in a text file.
Or did I not understand the instructions?

Thanks

Ian

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 11:47 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You can see attached comments in a history within VDJ but not outside, (it's beyond atomix's control) to see the dances done outside V8 you'd need to actually alter the filename but that will probably offer more problems.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 6:26 pm
hi thanks
I think you are right that will be a lot of work and offer more problems.
I don't need it as part of automix particularly it's just the recording of another field for any track that is added to the history file(s). Or even a special history file?

I know many Djs who would love this feature ;-)

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 2:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)