Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: some bugs & issues still present in version 8.0 build 1828

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

- in a clean install of VDJ 8 (without VDJ 7 installed) you can notice that the classic "Brake" effect is not present (don't confuse with BrakeStart effect).

- autoGain (in "auto" mode) does not force the song to 0db if the song is being reproducing and being analyzed at the same time in the DECK (in VDJ 7 it works properly).

- the option to allow BPM < than 80 BPM is not present, and without that option is impossible to read the right BPMs of some songs like DUBSTEP/DRUMSTEP styles (which use around 70 BPM).

- if you does a click in the search box, the already written text is not being erased, so you have to delete the text manually everytime you need to search something (in VDJ 7 is erased automatically with a click).

- if you does a click in the "zoom default" button in the skin, you can notice that the separation of the BEATS is really big (similar to AtomixMP3 2.3) compared with VDJ 7 (in VDJ 7 "zoom default" is around 28%).

- when you use effects like "Brake" or "BackSpin" and if you disable them manually (before they finish), the song is stopped completely, and you have to click play button to make song continue reproducing (in VDJ 7 if you use the same effects and if you disable them before they finish, the song continue reproducing normally).

- the BPMs that are shown in the browser does not match with the BPMs shown in the DECK sometimes, seems that for the BPM shown in the browser, the decimal values are rounded down or up, showing wrong BPMs sometimes.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 8:54 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1834 is current
brake; rename it to brake1
auto gain works if you let it analyze before playing (like V7 did on first analysis)
Bpm is hit and miss for a few styles but dubstep is 140 bpm
Search: click outside, click again in the box and type the old entry is erased
Zoom Save your own preference S saves R recalls
V8 backspin is different to V7, rename the V7 effect to backspin1 and it will work (almost) as it did
BPM search options>BrowserBPMDigits set this to 3

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 9:16 pm
- 1834 is BETA and have the same bugs & issues too.
- about "Brake" effect, I wrote... "don't confuse with BrakeStart effect" because I'm not talking about "BrakeStart" effect, I'm talking about that the classic "Brake" effect is not present.
- about autoGain please read again what I wrote in the first post, because I'm talking about when the song is being reproducing and being analyzed at the same time, and not about when is analyzed before playing.
- DubStep/DrumStep is around 70 BPM, not 140 BPM (it has 50% less of beats than Drum 'n' Bass style).
- about "Search Box" please read again what I wrote in the first post, is a comparative about how it works in VDJ 7.
- about "zoom default" I'm talking about a comparative vs VDJ 7 about how it come "by default", not about the customization you can made manually.
- the idea is to avoid manual workarounds and use "Brake" and "BackSpin" effects in the same way it was working in VDJ7 (without having to use the older effect).
- if you set it to 3, the DECK will still show 2, so you still will see wrong BPMs in some songs, so that workaround is not a good idea, imho it should be fixed by developers to be default 2 in order to match same values that are in the DECK.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 9:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Good luck!

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 11:21 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
-BrakeStart effect replaced Brake effect, for braking it does the same thing...
-Gain is not being modified while the track is playing to prevent volume jumps while playing
-Dubstep is 140bpm
-If you click in the search box, the text is selected, so all you need to do is start typing the new text. You can also press the x button at the right to delete the text.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 12:30 am
"BrakeStart effect replaced Brake effect, for braking it does the same thing..."

same no, similar maybe, but not in the same way, so a single "Brake" effect is still needed, like in VDJ 7 (but without having to copy/paste the old effect from VDJ 7 to VDJ 8, or having installed VDJ 7).

"Gain is not being modified while the track is playing to prevent volume jumps while playing"

ok, but this can be improved, for example making it move gradually to 0db instead of jump to 0db, and will be better than doing nothing.

"Dubstep is 140bpm"

no, is 70 BPM for Dubstep, due have half beats than Drum 'n' Bass or Trance, of course you can mix it at 140 BPM, but the right way is to have the song with proper BPMs and in this case is around 70 BPM, like in some old rap songs that have similar beats.

for example in this song you can notice the difference in the beats from 140 to 70, the song combine two rhythms, Trance and DubStep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT5bgAjiFxQ

"If you click in the search box, the text is selected, so all you need to do is start typing the new text. You can also press the x button at the right to delete the text."

the trouble is that in VDJ8 if I want to see the current folder content again, I have to delete the text from the "search box" manually, and in VDJ 7 is just a simple click and you got all the current folder content again.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 1:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
RadiOnlineChile wrote :
the trouble is that in VDJ8 if I want to see the current folder content again, I have to delete the text from the "search box" manually, and in VDJ 7 is just a simple click and you got all the current folder content again.

You can still simply click, only now you have to click on the 'X' at the right side of the search box.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 2:09 am
"You can still simply click, only now you have to click on the 'X' at the right side of the search box."

yes, but that X button is really small... is most easy to click directly in the "search box" to clean it, as in VDJ 7.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 2:26 am
A lot of users didn't like the way in worked in 7.

This way you can edit the text in the search box. In v7 you have to re-type the whole search string again.
As Adion says just clicking in the box should auto highlight the existing text so you can just type.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 4:25 am

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 4:43 am
Whether dubstep is 70 or 140 bpm just depends on who you ask.

I personally tag all my dubstep as 70 because (to me) it "feels" slower. You do get tracks that switch between 70 & 140 as they play too.

It's my understanding that dubstep producers mainly work with their DAWs set to 140 bpm so as to allow a closer spacing of notes for any fast percussive spurts etc.

So there's no right or wrong really, because the tempo is interchangeable anyway.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 5:54 am
also is not only in DubStep where BPM counter fail (due the missing option to allow BPM < 80), for example other song that is 70 BPM and VDJ identify it as 140 BPM which is wrong, the song is: Timbaland - 2 Man Show.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 3:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)