Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Setup/ configuration problem Virtual Dj 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello,

I have a laptop with windows 7 on. I use virtual dj 8 (the new version). I have a problem with my setup or configuration settings and can't find the problem, nobody knows the answer.

My hardware: 2x Pioneer cdj 850, 1x Pioneer djm 700, 1x Pioneer rmx 1000, 1x soundblaster 5.1 (external soundcard)

How my setup is, at this moment:

I connect the 2 cdj 850 to my computer (usb) and installed the latest divers on my laptop.
The output from my cdj 850's goes each to a channel of my djm 700 (red and with plugs)
The master output of my djm 700 goes to the input of the RMX 1000.
The output of my 1000 goes to the input of the external soundcard (soundblaster 5.1)
The output of my external soundcard (soundblaster 5.1) goes to my stereo system
My external soundcard is also connect to my computer with USB.

When I open virtual dj 8 and my cdj's are in midi mode (PC) is can select a track to them but there is no audio or my djm 700 doesn't react when i turn on the volume buttons of a channel.

I think there is a problem with my settings of my audio but i don't know what the right setting is.

I hope you can help me because I'm trying to fix this for 5 weeks now and ask many people for help.

With kind regards

DJ Xave-V (Belgium)

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 10:03 am
I don't understand why you're using the Soundblaster...

Your CDJ850s have USB audio and can control VDJ. The output of those feeds the mixer, the mixer goes to the RMX - but then why connect the RMX to the Soundblaster?

You could connect the RMX output straight to your stereo system.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 10:22 am
yes i can connect the RMX output straight to my stereo system. But many people told me to use an external soundcard because otherwise I use the soundcard of my laptop and the soundcard of my dj booth.

Like you have with Serato, the external soundcard from Rane (SL 1, SL 2, SL3 and SL 4)

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 10:36 am
Your CDJ850s have audio interfaces built in, so they are your external "sound cards".

You say that they are connected to the computer with USB and you installed the drivers, so surely you realise this?

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 5:12 pm
I realise that. So I don't need the external soundcard and just hold my setup without the soundcard.

My settings of virtual dj 8:

output: external mixer
soundcard: stereo to mono splitter
input: NO

source: "deck 1" --> Soundcard: "2- Pioneer cdj 850" --> channel: "1&2"
source: "deck 2" --> Soundcard: "2- Pioneer cdj 850" --> channel: "1&2"

are these right?

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 1:52 am
You don't need to use a splitter either.

You have two CDJ850s. Set VDJ to "external mixer" mode and configure each deck to send audio to its own CDJ850 (left deck to CDJ #1 and right deck to CDJ #2).

Then connect each CDJ to your DJM700 on a separate input channel.

Your RMX1000 can be connected to the DJM700 via the send/return channels (there's a switch on the RMX for this) and then the DJM700 can output straight to your stereo system.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 4:13 am
billo78Home userMember since 2014
I'm having trouble with setting up virtual dj 8 to use through my new laptop I currently have no controller after having it and my old laptop stolen from my car a few weeks ago,is there any video demo I can use to set it up to work through my speakers ??

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 10:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)