Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: video problems with v8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

some of my music videos, though not all have very low volume, some play normally and some even in the same format are low, mp4 are playing ok just the oter formats eg vob, mpeg 1 and 2, avi, i've got autogain set to auto and been through options and experimented but makes no difference, this happens on my laptop and home pc.
i'm using mc6000
barebones(as far as i dare) windows 7 64bit on laptop with ati graphics
mc6000 and widows 7 32 bit on home pc
using vdj 8 build1828.684
vdj 7 works perfectly on both these machines so i knoww it's not the videos, if i had video probs on v7 then it was normally a codec problem, but it doesn't appear to be an option we can change on v8
while i'm on the subject another couple of minor gripes
the track select button on mc6000 now loads songs into deck instead of adding to sidelist
a bigger clock would be useful
and why are the show menus(show music, video, karaoke) not on the search bar which to me, would be a better place for them
thanks for your help and keep up the good work i appreciate it can't be easy to keep everyone happy.

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 6:50 am
+1000, I am having the same problems as you! , mp4, HD stuff run fine, other file
formats VOB, MPEG 2 etc...., run pretty crap

Nvidia 1GB card runs everything in V7 great, Only have these problems in V8

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 7:03 am
my videos run ok just really low volume but not on all of them which is the part i can't understand

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 7:09 am
its gotta be the Video Engine. I'm reading more & more people having the same issues, It doesn't matter if 1gb - 3gb - 6gb Nvidia or ATi card people are having problems so we are
not alone.

I personally don't think it's as CLEAR either as it was in V7, Can no one actually explain what the problem is with this new video engine.

Or if they are working on some sort of FIX for it ? No one is saying anything these days (Why) ?

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 4:54 pm
My issue is that the videos aren't switching from one to the next. Had to revert back to 7.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 6:54 am
Hi there i think i saw some posts reporting the same issues i´m having but i have been unable to find them, i came to report that i still continue having problems when i´m playing video after more or less two to three hours VDJ8 suddenly crashes and then comes back with some comands not working etc I´m running vdj 8 on a Macbook Pro I7 Retina 2 gb video card ram and a external ddj Sb contoller the latest version update of VDJ 8 ....Best Regards

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 8:12 am
hi guys, just found anotherbug with low volume vids,load them into video editor or poi and they play at normal volume yet on main gui no luck at all, how come?

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 11:45 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
autoGain option is set to "auto" ?

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 1:58 pm
stalkker wrote :

the track select button on mc6000 now loads songs into deck instead of adding to sidelist

Yes, the track select button on its own loads the song into the non playing deck.
But, shift + track select loads into playlist ;-)

This frustrated the life out of me til I found this out as I use the browse and track select all the time.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 2:04 pm
just updated to build 1834, video's and everything seems to be working fine now, thanks guys knew it wouldn't take long to fix, looking forward to any improvements on later builds.
will be using v8 for first gig at the weekend

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 12:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)