Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: recordings folder and samples

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok I record a loop it goes to the recordings folder, then I drag it from the song list into a sample bank. In the song list or in sample bank I right click and do my edits with the sample editor, etc. The problem is if I want to delete a sample from the recordings folder I find that even though the sample is still in the sample bank that if I try to open the sample editor to do any further edits the sample editor will not stay open it just flashes on the screen for a second. I assume that the file path has been corrupted by deleting the original file from the recordings folder. It would seem to me that the recordings folder should just make a copy to the song list and sample pad, that way you could clear unwanted items from the recordings folder. I don't want to have thousands of samples in the recordings folder that I can never delete. I have tried to create a subfolder to the recordings folder but find I am not able to move files from the recordings folder to any subfolder.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 10:00 pm
The sample needs to exist in order to play. You can't delete the sample and still expect to edit it!

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 6:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)