Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Mac Version Not updating on IMac 27

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

(Does anyone have a clue): After I installed the first version of VDJ8 it went through the update process with no problems.

After that VDJ8 never auto updated again, But what I did notice is a white square screen pop up and it disappeared quit as vdj8 open, as if there was a firewall block happening. All my PC's have no problems with updating.

Here are my Internet settings in Mac VDJ8 just like all the other PC .

Now I just manually download updates from the site. Thanks for anyone that can lead me to a solution.

PS: I already put a ticket [Ticket 225675: VDJ8 Mac Version Not updating] in and was instructed to post here.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 5:53 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
Ah, very simple... There's two different types of builds of Virtual DJ 8, Public and Beta. V1828 is the latest public build and 1834 is the latest beta build.)

If you are not 'subscribed' to the beta releases, you will never see them. Here's how you can subscribe:

- Go into the 'My Account' option within this forum. You should see a tickbox for enabling the beta builds. Enable that and then save.
- Within Virtual DJ 8, to into Preferences > Options, and then search for beta. When you find the option, turn that on.
- Close VDJ8 and then re-open and wait... You will be prompted to install the latest version.

Re-post here if that is not working for you, however it should!

Good luck!

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 9:52 pm
Thank you, I can't believe I didn't see that option or even over look that, when it clearly stated beta option (on or off). SMH!
Okay will see what happens on the next update.

PS: But it never updated to the stable versions either.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 4:34 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
Awesome!

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 7:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)