Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Simple forum request

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
All,

For the moderators of this forum, can I please make a simple request-

Can we please have a pinned section which is closed for comments of the trending issues that are being reported by people, broken out by platform? Something that may look like this:

ISSUES TRENDING:

PC:
- Issue 1
- Issue 2
- Issue 3

MAC:
- Issue 1
- Issue 2
- Issue 3

This will help with a few things:
- A reduction of double, triple+ posts on the same topic
- An understanding that Atomix has recognized these issues (right now we all report issues and know that some get read and perhaps some go to page 18 of this forum and never are seen.)
- Users will see a current list of issues and know what to watch out for. (If there's a crash with a single feature, we will know _NOT_ to try that feature in front of a crowd.)

Again Atomix... Transparency please!

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 9:16 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Too true Faq and known issues, might stop repetition of threads, CDA being one of the issues.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 9:43 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
This was asked for sometime back, but now with the forum so fragmented with repeated posts on the same subject I wouldn't like the task as is, but a fresh start into some sort of cohesion certainly wouldn't go a miss.

Especially as each "bug" was sorted it can be added with a "fixed" or at least a "how to" work around.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 12:44 pm
I suggested this to a senior member of staff a couple of years ago, not long after I became a moderator. Someone to be a liaison between the Dev team and customers. Obviously not giving away trade secrets but as suggested above maintaining a part of the forum tracking bugs and feature requests, and how they were being prioritised by the company. I even sort of offered to take up this role myself but it fell on deaf ears.

I think Atomix have a problem of never wanting to admit there are bugs, or maybe the developers don't have a road map and just make it up as they go along.

This has grated me for some time now but in my 6 years here it seems the company are very stuck in their ways and won't change. That's why I don't waste my time suggesting things any more.

Even with V8 it's all gone to crap, even me logging in to the forum say 20 times a day doesn't have a clue where we are and what's been fixed or not.

Keith

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 3:54 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
#things that make you go hmmmm..

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 8:10 pm
Software companies should never be set in their ways, especially with the brisk competition that Atomix has in the space. From my circle of DJ's here in NYC, most people use Traktor or Serato. With that being said, VDJ's window of opportunity is closing... They really need to step up the game and put out a solid release in the coming months or I'm afraid that most people will defect and never go back...

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 9:31 pm
As a side note, I leave a browser window open to these forums all day long and watch and read nearly every post that is written...

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 9:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)