Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: dj8 will not play music from disc drive D = cd rom

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I Put a cd in my D Drive and VirtualDJ8 will not play it. Not Good:-(
PC Laptop Not Mac.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 9:44 pm
This function is no longer available, at this moment. You are not the first to voice his displeasure. I do not know what the plans are, for this function.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 9:50 pm
should bring back cd support, and also add direct cd+cdg support too for direct play of Karaoke cds negating the need to rip cds if youre in a hurry..

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 6:55 am
No longer available ? :- ( , loading a cd track is Just one of many reasons why I like VDJ so much!!!
Ok guys, but try to fix the freezing part of VDJ8, because if you try to load a cd track, VDJ8 will freez or crash and you have to restart. Again bad news

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 8:11 am
@GeraldMoons

A Man and His Music wrote :
This function is no longer available, at this moment.

It has been reported to the development team.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 8:18 am
There will be a fix for it in one of the next builds.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 10:34 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
No promises, however is there any clarity that we can get in regards to what the dev team is actively working on?

This will prevent the posts asking the same questions over and over again...

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 10:37 am
As i personaly also do not know i can't post it. I just got a reply in our internal system that it is addressed for one of the next betas.

The Dev team has it's own internal priority list to work from so i can not see it. Sorry. I would think that some stuff is easy to fix, others take longer because there are multiple parts interacting so you need to debug much code.

I am not a C++ programmer but it sounds logical to me - so i think this problem will be fixed, soon.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 10:57 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Understood. The more information the better as that leads to more clarity and better expectations, however I do understand that there's some information that can't be made public to us.

Even posting something like the 'Top 10 Issues' which are currently being investigated/resolved would be amazing.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 12:45 pm
VDJ team we again need the CD function!
For Wedding DJ's, it is a no-go when the audio CD must first be ripped.
Please builds the back, which is not so!

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 3:44 pm
@DJDezifon - Die Antwort darauf steht 4 Postings über Deiner Frage. Das Dev Team wird in einem der nächsten Updates den Fehler beheben.

Das war ein Bug und der wird in Kürze behoben. Das hat nichts damit zu tun das hier irgendwer das nicht verstehen würde.

@Answered in German cause it is easier for him to understand. ;-) Sorry for being offtopic.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 3:52 pm
Really need this function back ASAP.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 12:18 am
jakovski wrote :
There will be a fix for it in one of the next builds.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 2:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)