Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Useability

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, here is the place for those little annoyances that bug us when something just don't work right.

Here is mine:

In VDJ 7, when using a touch screen, if you double tap a title of a track in the browser it will load on the empty/stopped player. Same as using a mouse.
In VDJ 8, It does not work. But, if you double click with a mouse is does work.

VDJ 8, when you "right" click on a title in the browser to bring up options, the option window won't go away if you click elsewhere, if you don't choose anything.

Thanks in advance!

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 1:53 pm
EDIT: Ver 1828.680 for the above issue.

Found another one...

Usually when you use a controller in VDJ 7, you can scroll or go to the song directly in the browser then hit the load key on your controller and it will load to a empty/stopped deck.
on the current (1828.680) VDJ 8 it will only load if it is selected on the computer by scrolling not if you tap to it directly.

ALSO, Sometimes when using the up-down arrow keys on the computer the direction will be reversed for the first key press then proceed in the correct direction after that. (again, in the browser)

Thanks

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 5:20 pm
u might want to mention your computer specs and what controller you are using :-)

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 5:22 pm
Don't see how that matters with these particular issues but ok. GUI issues. For the Dev team
Various controllers, does it with all.
Pio DDJ-SX
Herk RMX2
Herk RMX
Numk NS7II

Intel i7
12 gigs mem
Win 8 - not 8.1

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 5:28 pm
I don't have a touch screen, so can't duplicate. My up and down keys work as they should, and when I right click on a track, get the options window, I can close it, by mouse clicking anywhere, even if I don't select anything. I use a RMX2, and can load a track scroll or no scroll.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 7:08 pm
Well find some one who has one! (Like a lot of new laptops) You guys went though the steps of having a touch mode, it should work correctly! It works fine on VDJ7 and it wasn't touch centric!. I actually think some of these problems are because of the same issue with how VDJ8 deals with touch input.

It may be how it detects double clicks (touches) just like if you double click with a mouse it works but not a double touch. VDJ7 double touch works fine. It's gotta be a tweak to the GUI.

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 10:21 am
Hi folks. New Virtual DJ user here. I just purchased an Acer T272HUL multitouch monitor and just this morning I was also noticing that there are a number of places where double click of the mouse works fine and double tap with a finger does not. I have seen it now on a number of parameter button where double tap is supposed to set the button back to its default position but it does not. Sure hope this is fixed soon as I spent a great deal of money on the monitor and hate to have to keep grabbing the mouse because of this issue. I am using VDJ8 and no controller; doing everything from the touchscreen monitor.

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 11:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)