Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Crashes whilst djing with music videos

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hiya i am using a Novatech A15HC laptop with 8gb of ram and a dedicated 1gb Nvidia graphics card and VDJ8 crashes and blue screens on me with "Driver IRQL not less or equal" error. This has never happened whilst using VDJ7 at all. I have googled the error but it seems that there could be numerous issues and nothing that points to any specific answer. So far i have done the following: updated graphics drivers, checked RAM using windows memory check, reinstalled hard drive drivers, checked for malware or spyware (although the laptop does not get used online), used pc optimiser.
Why does this crash happen while using VDJ8 ? Any help must appreciative.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 9:40 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The most likely cause is indeed the video card, although I think broken ram can cause this too.
VDJ8 uses the graphics card more than VDJ7, which could explain why you didn't see it in vdj 7.
If you already updated drivers, it could be defective.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 11:10 am
I've used VDJ8 and VDJ7 on a i3 Asus Ultrabook with an integrated video card (Intel 3000) and my laptop has not had any blue screens. I think you might have to format your laptop and do a fresh install of Windows and then update all of your drivers.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 7:17 pm
A Workaround, try those settings:

Performances > SongLoadPriority>idle
Performances>Overclock>no

Video>videomicrofames>off
Video>Videoresamplequality>medium

Skins>Maxskinsfps>24 (or 15)

Not a solution, but it helps

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 8:34 pm
I am usin asus x44h with 1GB agp and 2GB ram Hd video hangs on vortual dj 8 when connected to HDMI cable

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 3:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)