Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Samples that loop forever

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I cannot recreate the actual set of clicks and pushes but there have been several times when I am playing a sample (loop) and when I go to turn it off it does not stop and continues to play. If I select the play button again, it plays again... argh... the only way to stop this is to re-launch VDJ. I do think when this is happening, I have several samples playing at the same time but I cannot confirm that.

Am I the only one to experience this? I am running on a HP/PC W7.. VDJ8

joe...

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 7:54 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Did you try right clicking the pad? (the way to stop samples when in stutter mode) More details require Joe, Controller, how to recreate the error etc.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 10:07 pm
Right now, I'm just using my laptop.... no controller hooked up at the moment. The weird that was I stopped the song from playing but the sample kept playing but it's was not high-lighted as being on so when looking at all of the samples, visually it appeared that the sample was off... but it continued to play. when I clicked on it again to see if something went wonky with the on/off button, all that happened was I turned on another loop of that sample... I then un-checked it and the second sample stopped but the first one just continued to play... Today is the first day I have time to really play with the software and this was so far the only issue that I see as a bad thing.

Like I said in my first post, I can't seem to recreate what I did to make this happen.... it just did twice over a 2 hour period of playing.

joe...

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 11:01 pm
Like it forgot it was playing a sample?
I've had one or two difficult to explain problems from recent builds and stuff being dropped from memory would be a reasonable explanation but difficult to prove

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 11:25 pm
Yes, like VDJ8 forgot the loop and playing... so I can't turn it off.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 9:38 am
i had the same happen but what it was i had it playing decided to delete it (while playing) and it kept on playing. had to restart vdj as there was no way to turn off the sample. glitch in the matrix

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 7:36 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Is it possible that you were trying to edit the sample in the sample editor before it became uncontrollable?

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 10:03 pm
Adion wrote :
Is it possible that you were trying to edit the sample in the sample editor before it became uncontrollable?

I'm not really sure...I know I was messing around with things so I could have done something like that. When I go to do my next test, I will be sure to monitor what I am doing in case the problem occurs again and then hopefully, be able to recreate it.

joe...

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 9:48 am
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
has there been any answer to this problem of not being able to turn playing sample recordings off .i have a couple of times when a labelled pad appears but most of the time i am working in the dark,so to speak,only playing with this,controller not connected

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 2:30 pm
I've been messing around with the software over the last couple of weeks and have downloaded several updates. Since then, I've not experienced any more issues so I'm hoping it was just some bug that a patch fixed.

joe...

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 2:52 pm
Going out on a limb here but one nuances I've found with keyboard only use is commands can be held and forgotten that they are held, with the right (wrong) button press sequence.

Example
I have 2 commands key_move +3 while_pressed ( & -3) on A & S respectively, If I press and hold A (+3) and then (p&h) S, lift A, press & hold A, lift S, If I do this a sequence a couple of times after lifting all keyboard keys the Harmonic won't be returned to neutral. I assumed this was one of the quirks of keyboard use (A windows thing) is it possible that it goes further than that?

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 2:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)