Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Camera Visualization Bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I have 1828 that was just release and this is not new for me, so it was existing I believe.

I have a Microsoft 720p HD Lifecam webcam that I use via USB port
If I load the effect into the main effects bank it works fine.
If I load the effect into an individual deck so I can use transition effects to overlay the video it works fine on that one deck. If I then turn it off and later try and load it onto a different deck the screen just goes black. I then load it back onto the original deck and its working, or load it into the main effects and it works as well.
I also get a similar issue with milkdrop, so not sure if this is a visualization issue more than a camera issue.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 2:03 pm
Are you talking about the camara plugin?...yep...its been mentioned before,but dont know if they are addressing this....

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 2:29 pm
It's not a plugin I downloaded at least I don't remember it's listed under visualization sand I believe it's built in
I'm on a PC

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 2:49 pm
Have you checked to see if the options are set the same. You have different options in each deck, and on master. I don't know why, it seems you would want the camera to work the same all the time. At least it working for you.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 3:38 pm
Everything is set default for the camera so I'm guessing they are all the same.

Oh and it wasn't working originally with my external cam, it was trying to use only my laptop builtin webcam and the pre-installed camera software forget what it was called. I uninstalled that software and disabled the built in cam in device manager, and then everything worked where I could at least get it to show the external cam

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 7:45 pm
I'm talking about the software config. Player A, select camera, hit the (+) tab, and it will bring up the gui for that deck. Do the same for player B, and compare. Do the same for master. They can all be open at the same time.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 8:03 pm
yes do that..that the fundemental...but instead of disabling your internal webcam,do you know if it responds to a activating (on/off) keyboard shortcut? fn & f9 for example..

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 11:13 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Right now if you want to use the same camera again on another deck, you have to both disable the Camera effect on the original deck and select a different effect in the plugin slot.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 11:17 pm
The settings for each deck is the same

Now when trying to start even for e first time in a deck I get a black screen that says can't read input. The light on my camera does come on when I click the effect to activate it though

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 12:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)