Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Can anyone PLEASE test the TAP for BPM button on a Mac?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It doesn't work for me and after multiple posts reporting this issue, I have not a single response from VDJ.

Can anyone please test the tapping of the TAP button to set a BPM?

Thanks!

Scott

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 10:16 am
Did you use the original v8 skin or any different one ?

You need to tap at least 4 times i think.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 10:20 am
Original skin... I can tap 4 times, 16 times... does absolutely nothing to set the BPM correctly.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 10:31 am
Anyone?

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 5:46 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm not on a mac so I can't test, I have tried with M$ and 4 taps does work partially. (CBG alignment) but getting the beat counter to behave right is hit and miss.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 7:33 pm
Thank you for testing it for me. I agree with you, the beat display counter is all over the place.

I am getting severe BPM drifting throughout the track. No rhyme or reason. No BPM will stay on track for the entire song, even after my tracks were all rescanned in VDJ8.

Hopefully others have similar issues so they have something to go on.

Thanks again.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 7:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you post some titles for which the automatic bpm analysis didn't work (and 4 times tap didn't work either) ?

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 11:11 pm
The BPM is drifting on every track. The beat display is way off by the 45-60 second mark of every track.

I try to tap to get back on beat and the tapping does nothing. In fact, if I tap, it will eventually go to a very low BPM and start climbing from there.

I will try to get a video today.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 7:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)