Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Freeze

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm having an issue where the skin freezes when I try and minimise it to tray.
I'm running a clean install of windows 8.1 with a Denon 6000 controller. VDJ has upgraded to the latest version.
The controller stays responsive and music and video continues to output on the external screen, but the laptop screen freezes and VDJ becomes unrensposive.
If I tab to a different browser, the laptop is still functioning correctly.
Eventually the VDJ screen will grey out with a windows message saying VDJ is not responding, close or wait. Waiting does nothing so I have to force it to close and then windows checks for a solution.

Any ideas?

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 8:23 am
Uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything again and still the same issue.

Parts of the skin also change colour. The grey areas of the skin will just turn to black with no warning.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 2:03 pm

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 2:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I can't see on the video, but check which video effects and transitions are selected, it is possible that a broken v7 plugin caused this.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 11:26 pm
Gary..that video is way to short...7 seconds? blink an eye and missed everything...no but really your issue is really wierd..hmm.I've had freezeups but not by minimizing..same thing though.you get the vdj warning.....

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 11:34 pm
The video was just to show the skin changing colour when a song is loaded. I thought if I had the problem someone else would, of if it was a new bug the dev team would ask what they wanted to know. It seems i'm on my own here though.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 3:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)