Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Two issues with virtual folders

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

I have two issues with virtual folders:

First, I have a virtual folder that contains a lot of other virtual folders like Pop, Rock and so on (my favorites sorted by genre). Normally they are in alphabetical order, but the last entry will always be moved to the top of the list, but only if its position was changed. I made a screenshot:

As you can see the virtual folder "Volksmusik & Country" is on top, but should be the last one. If I move it to the end and restart VDJ, its on top again. When I move it as last but one (between "Schlager (Kult Hits)" and "Tänze Knallbonbons"), then the virtual folder "Tänze Knallbonbons" will be on top next time I start VDJ. Weird.

Second, If I rename the folder "Tralala" the plus sign on the left side disappears and I can not expand it to see the nested virtual folders. Then I close VDJ, open it again and the folder "Tralala" is back with its old name, the plus sign and everything is fine again.

I am using Windows 7 64 Bit with VDJ 8 release 1820.680.

Regards, Christian

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 4:40 am
i believe u can drag the folder to any position you want and they stay ???

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 9:47 am
If it is acting like explaned it's a bug and will be fixed as soon as possible.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 9:51 am
Hi there,

I made a lot of screenshot to visualize the problems. The first screenshots is the starting point for all of the three issues:

Then I moved the folder "Volksmusik & Country" to the bottom:

After that I closed VDJ and reopened it with this result:

Second issue (for initial state look at the first picture), I moved the folder "Volksmusik & Country" as last but one:

The I restarted VDJ with the result that the last folder was moved to top:

Third issue (for initial state look at the first picture), I renamed the root folder "Tralala" to "Test123". The subfolders are no longer accessible:

After a restart of VDJ its back again:

I hope this helps to track down the problem(s). If you need more information let me know!

Regards, Christian

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 3:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)