Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: MBP NVidia issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have a Mid 2009 Macbook (white), 2ghz, core 2 duo, 4GB ram, with NVidia GeForce 9400M 256MB, and it runs V8 with audio fine, however,
My MBP, Mid 2010, 2.53Ghz i5, 8MB ram, with Nvidia GeForce GT 330m is a different story.

Anyone else having issues? I will try another MBP tomorrow and see if I can reproduce it there.

Basically, the video will freeze up, audio keeps playing. I noticed the screen flashing, and becoming more frequent as the night went on, so I swapped out the MBP for the MB.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 3:05 am
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Dropping the skin framerate from 30 to 20 seems to have resolved this so far. Been running for a few hours now with the new setting, and the GPU temperature is a good 20 degrees cooler.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 12:10 pm
Hi there,
Can you explain me in a few words how to download de frame rate for a skin resolution. I use a MBP and PC as well and temperature is imposible to drop down even with a cooler below. Thanks in advance.

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 10:07 am
Go into settings and search for fps. There should be 2 that show up. Skin and video change them to 20. Also. For MacBook running windows install lubbos fan control. Turn the fan up the keep the MacBook cool. If you're running osx install smc fan control keeping the MacBook running cool is essential. If it gets to warm if will start to slow down and if it gets too hot it will completely shut down

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 9:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)