Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: onScreenKeyboard "on" causes problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi friends,

I like the option "onscreenkeyboard", not for the keyboard, but if you set it "on" you can't move folders or files. And that's what I need.
The problem is that the browser isn't working as it should be when it's "on". Without touching any "browser_scroll" keyboard or controller-button you can't load a touched file.
It will load the last file that is selected with a browser_scroll button...

hmm!? I hope you know what I mean.
Else.....just set "onScreenKeyboard" to "on" and discover.

Best regards,
John

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 12:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could put multiTouchTwoFingerScroll to "yes", that will allow you to drag files again, but really the onScreenKeyboard option is meant for touch-screens, it should only be set to "on" if your touch-screen is not automatically detected.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 3:05 am
I actually think the way VDJ handles the onscreen keyboard is awkward compared to using the OSK plugin with 7. Let me explain, with 8 it seems I have to constantly touch the browser then the search bar to get it to work and at times I need to do this multiple times. It is odd.

DJJB yes check that you have the option as stated above to YES I had to set it that way on my touchscreen or else VDJ did some weird stuff.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 3:56 am
@ Adion
two-fingerscroll don't work with a singletouch monitor.

I just don't want to (accidentally) drag my files or folders! But it's not normal that I can't load a track with the "deck X load" action. Whatever my settings are.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 5:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Sorry I didn't understand that you were using a touch-screen. So you have a button mapped to deck x load and that is not working?

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:49 am
Sorry, forgot to mention i'm using a old singletouchscreen.
All loadbuttons including the loadbuttons on the rmx console don't work then.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 7:00 am
set the keyboard option to "Auto" and use grid view in the browser. use the cover art icon to drag the track to a deck..
and set Skins > TouchScreenMode > "Yes"

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 8:19 am
marksmolinski wrote :
set the keyboard option to "Auto" and use grid view in the browser. use the cover art icon to drag the track to a deck..
and set Skins > TouchScreenMode > "Yes"

My screen is to small for gridview,and as I said before, I don't want to dragg!

As I said before:
Without touching any "browser_scroll" keyboard or controller-button you can't load a touched file.
It will load the last file that is selected with a browser_scroll button...

You'll telling me that this is normal behavior? Imao it's not...
Anyway thanks for reply.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 8:43 am

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 8:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)