Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm having issues with a few of my videos, a mix of mp4's and MPEG videos, some of them freeze half way through (the music still plays no problem) and sometimes the video is jumpy, the music play fine with that as well.

These videos ran perfect in v7, I have a 1gb dedicated nvidia card in my laptop and and stuck for ideas on what to do, apart from this small but annoying issue v8 is running very well.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 12:59 pm
Hey Chris,

1gb is a little light for running videos - i appreciate they worked well in 7, but 8 is a re-build from the ground up and might need the minimum of 2gb.

You should firstly ensure that your drivers are up-to-date for the Nvidia card.
If you have any 3d settings in the driver panel, set this to best quality rather than best performance.

See whether either of these make a difference, if not, i'll see what else i can think off.

;-)

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 9:12 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Don't forget you may need to go to the makers of your machine to get the correct drivers, not all video cards will run on the manufactures drivers alone.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 10:50 am
thanks for the info, will check the 3d settings to make sure they are as they should be, I know it already has the latest nvidia drivers installed.

I have checked the GPU monitor I have and it never goes over 30% while running videos so don't think its a memory issue, I used to have a similar issue in v7 untill I installed new codecs and then it worked perfectly but understand you have the use the inbuilt codecs in v8.

I have now started converting the video files that have played up to a different format and they are working perfectly. Think that's the way I am going to have to go to getting this resolved as I don't want to go back to v7 as I love the new features and i'm too tight to buy another new laptop, the one i'm using cost me £700 6 months ago.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 11:04 am
I can play with my intel x3100 videos right now prety good with VDJ8.

On "Video":
1 Reduce FPS from default 30 to 24
2 Video Macroframes: Disable
3 Video resample quality: Medium

On "Performance"
1 Song Load Priority: Idle
2 Overclock: Yes

On "Skins"
1 MaxSkinsfps: 24

Those settings did the trick for me.
Also I downgraded from windows 7 to windows XP. It helped a lot!

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 3:20 pm
idj4himPRO InfinityMember since 2009
WOW those settings helped. im running xp also. the settings made a huge difference. i thought it was good over the past few updates but this helped alot. thank you.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 8:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)