Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Novation Twitch not working properly on VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi There

The Cue button & delete hot cue functions are not working under VDJ 8 for Novation Twitch (official native mapping)

When I tried to set a Hot cue via Cue, it just jumps to the hot cue, whereas in 7.4 it sets a cue (or overwrites) based on the cue point given, also if you shift press to delete a hot cue, it jumps to that position instead of deleting?

The only way it works is when you let it play past the hot cue point on the 2nd time you press shift +hot cue.

All functions work as normal under 7.4, but what's the point of that?...
How can I resolve this?

Cheers

Tom

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 11:46 am
UPDATE: I've been able to resolve the hot cue delete issue by adding 5000ms to shift holding command but completely lost on the Cue/Hot Cue functionality....

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 12:10 pm
The CUE and PLAY buttons in VirtualDJ v8 work with a temporary cue point rather than messing up the cue points that you have already set (And in most cases will want to keep in the position where you set them.) This is applicable to all MIDI controllers and skins.

To set cue points in VirtualDJ v8, you must either use the HOTCUE buttons of your MIDI controller and/or the default skin or use the POI editor.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 12:38 pm
I just want to know how to get it to work it like it's being doing in all previous versions....How it worked before wasn't messing anything up.

Can you please tell me a script to revert it to the better, previous function?

Cheers

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 2:09 pm
Unfortunately this is not possible (It's coded like that in VirtualDJ v8.)

It would only be possible if the dev team were to add an option to change it between the new and old behaviours.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 2:11 pm
Well, Great...

I wish they would've informed us prior to customising my mapping in way that parts now don't work under 7.4

So it's goodbye 'on-the-fly' re-cueing/hot cueing...

Somewhat annoyed.

Also noticed that you can't enlarge the 'Key' text either...

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 3:21 pm
On most controllers with HOTCUE buttons, you can set a cue point (If not already set) by pressing the hot cue button and delete with SHIFT+HOTCUE button, so you can still set/change cues on the fly using these combinations.

Also, it looks like you can get the old behaviour if you change the mapping of the CUE button to include the cue point number to work with, e.g: cue_stop 1

The following also works if the selected/last used cue point is 1, 2 or 3:

cue_select 1 ? cue_stop 1 : cue_select 2 ? cue_stop 2 : cue_select 3 ? cue_stop 3 : cue_stop

(You can extend the mapping to include cue points 4, 5, etc.)

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 7:51 pm
I have the Twitch. I reported the problem already. It's to do with how long you hold the shift key down. If you hold it for more than a second you cannot set hot cues or delete them. If you do this in 4 deck mode however it causes issues if you try to do it too quickly because it switches to decks 3 & 4 instead (because you did not hit both keys in time). Switching back to 2 deck mode does not fix it until you restart in 2 deck mode.

To clarify. Hold shift + hot cue for less than a second in 2 deck mode or increase holding time if you do not plan on using 4 deck mode (I tried and it just shifts to decks 3 & 4 with 5000ms holding so I am unable to delete hot cues in 4 deck mode using that 'workaround').

EDIT: If you hold the shift key down you will see the sync/auto button light up. If that light goes out then you have held the shift button down too long. It's an annoying bug (or is it?).

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 2:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)