Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Maschine as plugin UI bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Load Maschine 2 as a plugin, works fine except that you can only show the UI once, after that every time you try to show its UI it will not show and you have to reload the plugin :(

WIN 8 X64 Pro

(Unable to test with any other VST plugins, the only X32 plugins i have just crash VDJ)

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 11:21 am
OK found another VST that works and it happens with that too (Sugarbytes artillery)
Guessing VST is not fully supported right now ? (That is why there is no pref to set your VST folder right)

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 11:24 am
There never has been a pref to set your VST folder.

No mention of VSTs in the manual or the software/GUI, despite VDJ supporting VSTs for at least 10 years.

In the words of Bruce Hornsby.........that's just the way it is. :-)

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 11:34 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I reported this bug over a week ago,

If you close the GUI with a script or the GUI [+] button or the GUI cog, it works as it should (open and close as much as you want) it is when you close the GUI with the GUI i.e. the [x] then that's when you have problems,

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 11:39 am
Well they need to sort it out, not being able to reload a plugin UI after closing it is not "The way it is" but "A bugs life" hahahaha
I can live without having a proper VST folder set up, but the UI bug is horrific, especially considering how amazing this is with Maschine

Load Maschine and it reacts to pitch push/drag and scratch, just been mixing two maschine instances together, it is absolutely amazing (Bar the UI bug)

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 11:40 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
@ Fexinoodle
..Can you share how you setup your machine in VDJ?

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 12:56 pm
I'd like to know too. I have vdj8 and maschine 2 and would love to have them to communicate with each other.

Joe...

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 9:23 pm
locodog wrote :
I reported this bug over a week ago,

If you close the GUI with a script or the GUI [+] button or the GUI cog, it works as it should (open and close as much as you want) it is when you close the GUI with the GUI i.e. the [x] then that's when you have problems,

Looks like a Native Instruments (or whoever wrote the plugin) bug to me. It up to the plugin to handle [X] properly. I don't have the Maschine plugin but just by looking at it in the video I could guess it has other problems as well.

In this video, narrator refers to it as a VDJ bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fREoSk4GoWE&feature=youtu.be

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 12:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)