Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 7 with VDJ 8 Sound Engine

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I love the new VDJ 8 and I have used it live about 8 times. It froze once while editing a grid and crash once while loading a track to a deck. I have used VDJ 7 for many years and never had one crash. It is fair to say that getting a crash during a live gig is very embarrassing and unprofessional. As much as I like the new design of VDJ 8, most importantly the sound engine, I cannot use it anymore for live gigs because I am scared that it will crash. I just wish I can have VDJ 7 with VDJ 8's sound engine. I also hope VDJ Admin can make VDJ 8 Stable soon because VDJ 8 is like having a beautiful car that you cannot drive.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 8:14 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Virtual DJ 7 is no longer receiving updates.

You can help the stability of v8 by reporting any issues you come across with as much information as possible to assist the development team.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 8:18 am
splao wrote :
I love the new VDJ 8 and I have used it live about 8 times. It froze once while editing a grid and crash once while loading a track to a deck. I have used VDJ 7 for many years and never had one crash. It is fair to say that getting a crash during a live gig is very embarrassing and unprofessional. As much as I like the new design of VDJ 8, most importantly the sound engine, I cannot use it anymore for live gigs because I am scared that it will crash. I just wish I can have VDJ 7 with VDJ 8's sound engine. I also hope VDJ Admin can make VDJ 8 Stable soon because VDJ 8 is like having a beautiful car that you cannot drive.

ALL I has to say is AMEN to that i am with u on that 1.i feel the same way.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 1:13 am
That would be a dream come true! V7 with the sound engine of V8...oh man! Wont ever happen, but it's a nice thought...

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 10:04 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Vdj 8 with vdj 7 stability is all that is needed

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 12:45 pm
As it is just technically not possible we try to get v8 as much stable as possible. For me it's getting better from version to version.

Last crash is weeks ago. ;-)

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 12:52 pm
minoriPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi everybody.
I am another one which is asking for more stabile VDJ8. I am using DENON X-1600 - soundcard and video crossfader and 2 pcs DENON DN-S 3700 as controllers. I played video too.
VDJ 7,4 works for several months on my gigs, without any problems (some crashes 1-2 can be forgotten, my cd player solved problem). I used these controllers with VDJ8 only at home and after a problems with login and confiming the controllers, it freezes several times in 15 minutes... I am afraid to try to use it on my gig, it is very dangerous...

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 6:35 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There is already an existing thread on the 3700s - your best bet would be to post there and provide as much information as possible.

Since the original topic of this thread is not a bug report I'll close it.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 8:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)