Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Build 1828 Camera one deck only

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Build 1828
Still the same as camera will only work on one source at a time.
Not releasing from selected deck (or main) until restart of VDJ.

Now you do get "Unable to read sample" message when trying to activate from the other deck/main.

Preview of effects working!!! :)

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 10:05 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you select another effect on the deck you should be able to select camera agin on another deck.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 10:47 am
Adion wrote :
If you select another effect on the deck you should be able to select camera again on another deck.

That works! It will just take a little to get used to....

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 11:03 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I might still change this, but currently the camera is intentionally left 'active' when you disable the effect so that it's much faster to turn on/off the camera.
Otherwise it needs to initialize again which seems to be a little slow.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 11:11 am
Yes, I noticed that there is an initial delay when first starting it.

The way you have might work out for the best.
I'll test it later with 2 cameras, one per deck to see how it works out.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 11:13 am
The two usb camera test:

One is a no-name and the other is A4 Tech - both of the cheap variety.
The camera selector is strange, but useable. Tab or drop-down would be better.
On my first attempt when I tried to rotate the camera selector, VDJ closed and then re-opened itself. Haven't been able to reproduce that.
Tried it a few times and it's working great!

Next test will be with two usb capture adapters.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 8:37 pm
You are making progress. Now, instead of a black screen, I get "unable to read sample". I don't get camera on any deck, nada, nothing.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 9:19 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
You are making progress. Now, instead of a black screen, I get "unable to read sample". I don't get camera on any deck, nada, nothing.

When I first select it (not activate yet) to see the controls, the camera selector doesn't say any camera is selected. So, I slowly move the selector until I get the camera name I want, then activate.
If no camera name appears, then it still isn't being recognized.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 9:33 pm
It says it sees the "usb 2861 De...." which I guess is the usb capture device. It does not matter where I move the selector, it says the same thing. I guess it means that is the only device that's connected. OK, so how come I still don't see anything, except "unable to read sample"? Maybe there's a setting I'm missing.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 12:58 am
I get the same message as AMAHM using VC500 USB Video capture

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 2:38 am
getting it together there guys?...so the one thing I can say its yes,you have to activate another effect,then try the camara on that deck. as for build 1828,just read about that earlier today.but Im pretty sure Im on 1820 still,yet I've experienced the same deck selection issue.will check again.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 4:06 am
Two USB Capture Adapters Test:

One is EZcap 116 and the other is Sabrent usb-avcpt.

With the USB Capture Adapters I get the "unable to read sample" message.

Only one WDM 2861 shows up on the camera selector dial.
Again, VDJ closed and then re-opened itself. This happened during the changing of the dial as it did with the 2 webcam test.

They both appear on the selector and each can be selected/work in VDJ7.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 9:38 am
We should not have to activate anything. Select camera, it works. I know it can work in 8, because it worked for me in beta, no problems. We know they are working on it, so I am patient. In the meantime, I will have to use 7, which works just fine.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 12:11 pm
We should not have to activate anything. Select camera, it works.

Actually it does work like that with my webcam. If I have two connected, it will still just start-up the first one, then I can always select the other on the control panel.
Hopefully it will also work with the capture devices soon.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 12:20 pm
its been working for me.I
I've posted videos,solid proof.its the order of connecting and selecting the camaras and also selections.so one interesting thing I just discovered.on my Alienware (and the older 2006 m9700 as well) the webcam can be forced on or off by a keyboard shortcut by pressing the "fn" & "f9" keys.fine..now if I turn off the webcam which takes first priority with the plugin BEFORE I open VDJ the plugin will default to the external camara,in my case a GoPro widelens action cam.this I didnt know,since I allways started the laptop with webcam on and it would take priority on the plugin,then I have to use the peteLiveFeed freeframe plugin for the external cam.so that's why I reported the camara plug as working only on the internal webcam.glad is doing something for you guys as well.I will test with two externals as soon as I get another AV-usb interface like my pinnacle Dazzle..got another cheap camara around here somewhere...
edit: so... when I tried this last nite before bed,it worked right off the top,but I didnt go into a mix and swap deck locations for the camaras so..I dont know if it can be switched yet without having to select another plugin and then activating the camara on the new deck selection.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 2:38 pm
It says it sees the "usb 2861 De...." which I guess is the usb capture device. It does not matter where I move the selector, it says the same thing. I guess it means that is the only device that's connected. OK, so how come I still don't see anything, except "unable to read sample"? Maybe there's a setting I'm missing.

So it worked in v7 but not v8? hmm..now I mentioned this before and you guys..well...my camara worked from the start.but I had being right on the middle of making sure that it did BEFORE I downloaded VDJ8.had a issue with the original application/Gui "Creative wecam Live Central" for my internal webcam.as i had activated the webcam with an other video/webcam app (AVS video recorder) that instantly worked but had changed the stream type and size.now the camara was out of range and would not open,giving me a alert to the tune of "cannot open"for its original app which opens at default when stream its detected (therefore it opens when using Vdj or the Avs video recorder any other app for Video stream recording..Once I realizred what had changed the camara then I knew what to use to change back..I had to open "AMcap" (you can find this free to download )which came with another external Webcam which I bought and use with my older laptop which has no internal camara,and reset the stream size back to original size as it has controls to do so .I suggest again...the sample rate warning you are getting sounds to me like you need to reset camara with another application before you open it in vdj8.why dont you that AMAHM?

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 4:09 pm
Adion wrote :
I might still change this, but currently the camera is intentionally left 'active' when you disable the effect so that it's much faster to turn on/off the camera.
Otherwise it needs to initialize again which seems to be a little slow.

You need to shut down the camera if it is not active. It's like being a pig and no one else can open it. The startup time varies for every camera.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 3:23 pm
Yep.." It's like being a pig and no one else can open it.".good metaphor...

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 4:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)