Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: karaoke is still garbage on vdj8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been trying to run karaoke shows with vdj for years, it still cant read half of my library where every single other program can. I'm extremely disappointed as all of my other kj friends are. While you go back to the drawing board make sure the have a true singer list option. I've looked at the code for just karaoke, it's not that difficult. please remember vdj don't promise the world to kjs when you didnt even come close to fixing the problems we've had since the beginning........ so disappointing

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 2:02 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have to agree that they've never sorted out a decent rotation plugin, but I've never had any problems with it loading files - I use zipped mp3+g tracks, and it works fine for me. If you're using zips, try investigating one that doesn't play - maybe the filenames inside the zip don't match, or it was zipped using some weird compression system that VDJ doesn't recognise - maybe try re-zipping it?

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 4:57 am
dexusnoPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I agree that a proper karaoke plugin would help alot. I run karaoke shows every week, and have to use two separate programs to run the karaoke itself, and the pause music / music videos.. This is alot of hassle, and VDJ should be, but are currently not, the solution.

I mean everything is in place.. It's just a proper rotation and singer history that's missing.. Perhaps also a scroller plugin showing the next singer while playing music or videos between singers..

But first of all, they have to fix the general video display problems.. like choppy videos that freeze, which didn't on previous versions.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 6:25 am
I don't seem to have a problem with Karaoke, not used at a live gig , but have been putting its through it paces at home and at private party's its been stable with not signs of choppy video or lagging, , dual screen setup of course, pc based with quite a humble spec core I3 laptop running windows 8.

are you using pc or mac?

whats the problem with the singer list ?

I do agree a new title / next singer effect would round it off !

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 9:27 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I also don't have a problem with any karaoke zip or video files for years, you need to tweak your system for sure if your having these kind of problems....And I call out the next singer on the Mic. like Next Up "Shelly" before a singer starts..

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 10:14 am
I have had no issues with it playing a karaoke file, either cdg or .zip. The funny thing for me is getting used to the autoplay of music between karaoke songs. I usually just have dead air when calling out the singers. In the past when I played music in between singers, they get confused and think I called someone else, since music is already playing. (yeah... especially after they have a few drinks)

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 11:35 am
Had my first issue last night in a live gig using VDJ8.
It happened twice. After playing about 4 - 5 just mp3's; when I started playing a karaoke file the video did not keep up with the lyrics. It only happened for about 5 seconds and then played fine.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 7:07 am
The cdg lag... it happens the very moment you go to load another track on the other deck.. once loaded the lag disappears and the cdg renders properly. Its been mentioned umpteen times and from my investigation only some systems have it. (certain configurations, etc)

My system: AMD Athlon 64 x2, 2gb, AMD HD6570 (and tested on AMD HD5570 too, win7)

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 5:50 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There is an option "songLoadPriority", you may want to try setting it to "low" or "idle" and see if that helps with the video slowing down while a new song is loading.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 10:26 pm
Adion wrote :
There is an option "songLoadPriority", you may want to try setting it to "low" or "idle" and see if that helps with the video slowing down while a new song is loading.

Thanks will give this a shot!

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 6:56 am
Adion wrote :

done. still does it. early virtualdj's did this till it was fixed too..

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 7:58 am
I've had VDJ for many years. I use a Mac. To this day, I've not been able to load my whole library. I've talked to VDJ tech support and complained about this for a long time, but still no solution. They first said they had to be in a folder of 14. If you have over 50,000 songs, thats a little tough, and time consuming. If someone has a solution, please let me know. I was told 8 would take care of this, but it didn't.

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 12:52 pm
Why have you bumped this topic? Not sure what you talk about is in relation to on-screen cdg lag, but...

solidpro1 wrote :
I've not been able to load my whole library. I've talked to VDJ tech support...
They first said they had to be in a folder of 14. If you have over 50,000 songs, thats a little tough, and time consuming.

Are you using virtualdj to browse to directories containing ALL your tracks? are you using Recurse??

Regardless of how many files you have within directories, the best way to sort your files is with filter folders.
The recurse option is ideal IF you are browsing your folders and you find this...

Album Name
CD1
CD2
CD3
CD4
etc

use recurse from 'album name' but not to isplay 50,000 tracks as recurse needs to scan every time you do anything.

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 1:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)