Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Search engine bug: Returning results for which no corresponding file can be found

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been cleaning off my hard drive recently and removing various music files using the Win8.1 file explorer, as well as clearing out some old .vdj sample files which were made redundant when VDJ8 and the new .vdjsample format came along.

However, when I use the VDJ8 search tool, it still returns results for files I have removed.

I have double-checked my computer for those files, emptied the Recycle Bin, searched all auxiliary drives and even the local network...reloaded VDJ8, cleared temp files and rebooted the PC...but VDJ8's search STILL insists those files exist. Right now I don't have loads of files like that, but eventually I'm afraid this could become a problem.

Is there some kind of tool for clearing search history..perhaps a temporary file within the VDJ8 file structure that could be dumped or deleted? Or is this a new legitimate bug?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 8:37 pm
If you try and load one of these files then they will return an error.

It is recommended that whenever you manage your database like this that you do so from within Virtual DJ.
This way the internal database is automatically updated if you delete a file and it won't show in your search.

You can use the remove missing files for the the ones you have already done, but i suggest you do the rest inside the software itself.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 8:43 pm
Thanks! I thought I had tried every option, but apparently I should have checked there too. I'll certainly take your advice. Turns out I had more than a few. Imagine trying to find the tune I want and having to check through half a dozen "ghost files" to find it LOL.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 9:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)