Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Corrupt Database Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kidmixxPRO SubscriberMember since 2008
Not sure where to put this but I wanted to share a bad experience I just had... I decided to defrag my external hard drive (work drive) like I have in the past. I did on my home pc and here's where the problem lies. My home pc took ownership of the drive and revoked my laptops privileges on the drive, so when I got to work Vdj 8 tells me the database is corrupt and I clicked fix, BIG MISTAKE. Because my laptop lost it's privileges Vdj 8 couldn't load the database. A lot of music was removed from my drive, I am now in the process of reloading music (very tedious). Lesson learned, won't be doing that again. A big heads up to everyone, be careful, don't make the same mistake I did. If anyone knows how to defrag on a different pc without it taking ownership of the drive please let me know.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 11:57 am
Sounds to me that your External hard Letter changed . You need to go into your Computer management and change the drive letter back to the way it was before ., when it was reading your external hard drive. Once you have done that go back into 8 and add to data base . You may need to also do it it 7.4

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 2:09 pm
maybe a topic for the general pc technical forum , as its not really a V8 bug ?

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 9:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)