Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: auto+remember gain does not work as it used to in VDJ7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Last saturday I had my first gig with VDJ8. No crashes, the only problem was that sometimes when I used the crossfader to mix to next song, I heart skipped a beat when I heard on headphones that the first song stopped hearing. Luckily I realised it only happened on headphones. This happened like every fourth time when I mixed to a next song.
When I investigated it further at home, It seemed that songs that have extra volume added on auto+remember setting (from VDJ7) soundede very very loud on headphones so the other song seemed to stop playing (even when it didnt) somehow the difference in volume was not audible in master out. So master out was working pretty much as it used to do in VDJ7 but headphones didnt. It seems that changing the setting from "auto+remember" to just "auto" seem to fix the problem on headphones. It would be nice to be able to use auto+remember. There is songs that are not correctly autogained by VDJ. For example the original radio edit of Lady Gaga's Edge of Glory. The volume is getting higher during the whole song. So it is too low in the beginning when using just auto-gain.

I have Windows 8.1 and VCI-400 controller btw if it matters.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 11:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)