Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Content Unlimited on VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm a subscriber to content audio and unable to search files for VDJ8, however i'm able to download karaoke and video files even though i have no subscription. I just want to be able to download my audio files that im subscribing to. If i can do this VDJ8 will be perfect for me.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 10:25 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
When you check settings/ licences...is there content unlimited audio set active...?
Shure your vdj browser is set to content audio when you searching and not to netsearch ?
Is searchInContentUnlimited in settings/ options set to "yes" ?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 10:31 am
in settings/license it says "Content unlimited audio" already have and my subscription is renewed on June 28.
When i do search i make sure its in content unlimited audio.
"Is searchInContentUnlimited in settings/ options set to "yes" ?" i could not find this option in my settings.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 12:27 pm
apalomo wrote :
in settings/license it says "Content unlimited audio" already have and my subscription is renewed on June 28.
When i do search i make sure its in content unlimited audio.

Are you saying when you do this you also get Karaoke and Video results when you are exclusively searching CU Audio?

apalomo wrote :
"Is searchInContentUnlimited in settings/ options set to "yes" ?" i could not find this option in my settings.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 1:01 pm
As of now it only says "Content Unlimited Audio" and its click on. Still im not getting no search results on content audio

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 1:42 pm
Are you clicking here prior to searching?

Also make sure you have ShowMusic ticked here:

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 1:50 pm
Yes im typing my text in Search Audio and i have all the options clicked and notthing is happening, i dont know if its a net work problem.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 12:58 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You need to be connected first before you start VDJ or it won't work...

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 2:35 pm
Licenses/user/ does it say Logged in or log out?

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 3:11 pm
I'm logged in as an active user

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 3:25 pm
I'm having a similar issue... ContentUnlimited works sometimes, but then it suddenly stops returning any results, regardless of the search parameters. NetSearch, however, does come back with results. Is there a connection issue with the GrooveShark database?

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 7:59 pm
Guys, this is happening to me as well, when searching i get downloading .... message at top right near search box but then nothing.
I'm on build 1820.680.

Bit gutted caus was trying to prep for gig this tonight.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 9:21 am
We are aware of an issue with Audio content for Content Unlimited. Video and Karaoke content is unaffected.

Grooveshark reported issues yesterday and we are working with them to resolve this as soon as possible.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 9:24 am
Cheers for the heads up.

Will there be a update to tell us when the issue has been resolved?
Thinking forward, might be good to get a notification from grooveshark, same as you would if you owned severs and scheduled maintenance or faults occured.
Email notification would be good!

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 9:38 am
It appears to be intermittent issues.

Earlier when i posted i was getting no results. Now its working again.

Not knowing how the back end servers work for CU, i don't know whether something is possible - but certainly worth thinking about.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 10:01 am
Under "contentUnlimited options"
make sure "only use contentunlimited when no local results" is unchecked.

Posted Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 3:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)